Mass Suicide Alert.

by refiners fire 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

It seems that the anti cult world is extremely concerned at the moment about a group called "Project Portal" in Brazil. Apparently there are hundreds of members and extensive defections are taking place at the moment, and the group leader, one Urandir Olivera, is being 'persecuted'extensively by the media. Cult watchers are drawing parallels with Jonestown in that they fear Olivera may lead his loyal followers in a collective 'beaming up'.

Urandir leads followers in practising 'preparing for lift off.' Below, the groups compound.

Eerie reminders of Jonestown. This one may be worth watching over the next few weeks.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Oh geesh, people must be real needy to be following such extremes. How sad. I hope the government dont make the same mistakes it did with the Davidians.

Brummie

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

The leader of the group appears to be a major hoaxer of supernatural phenomena, just like Jim Jones was, Jones , a couple of times,rigged 'assassination attempts' on his life, was shot, and then would raise himself up again, displaying the magically removed bullet for all to see. This guy, Olivera, claims to have been abducted by aliens in very dramatic fashion. The evidence of a recent abduction:

It would be funny if it wasnt so laughable.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Urandir leads followers in practising 'preparing for lift off.'

LOL!

Are they all retired or what?

I can't come into the office today, my church is having a drill.

• manon
    manon

The ingenious millionaire extorting his followers closed compound sounds cultishly familiar.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Maybe Darwin was right after all.

• shamus
    shamus

Sad, isn't it?

I sure hope that the duds don't do anything like that... (of course, they wouldn't be that extreme!)

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

Lol, what's the point of the freaking guy in making his own cult? Just wasting time. Maybe he needs attention or was really bored. Needed to amuse himself for a while. Let's say they mass suicide, will the leader tell them that he will be the last one to suicide just to be sure that everyone followed the ritual? Hehehe, I wonder how many would fall for that one.

• lulu
    lulu

To Shamus.

Before we were DA'd a MS came to our house and on being asked if the GB told him to 'jump off a cliff' would he do so. The reply?.....Of course I would!!. If there was another Jonestown I wouldn't be surprised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit