is it possible to merge old account?

by orange poppy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• orange poppy
    orange poppy

I posted here years ago under another account, but am unable to log in anymore under the old name. Is it possible to merge accounts? Or is it best to just start fresh?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I found it easier to just start fresh. I too had originally posted here under a different name, but because of other things (life has a way of taking over) and moving, I forgot my log in information. One thing I did though was in one of my earlier post under my current username, I let others know who I was previously.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I had that same problem, too. I created a new account and mentioned my old account in my bio.

Others have created new accounts with alias's very similar to the original and added '2' to the name or 'un-' to the beginning of the name if the original declared a jw status.

The biggest drawback to me is that I have no way of knowing if someone has messaged me on my original account. A 'merge' could fix that.

• orange poppy
    orange poppy

Thank you! I guess a fresh start it is then. I use to be troubledmind.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

A suggest to the OP: Repost this inquiry under either the topic 'Suggestions' or 'Tech Assistance'.

The admins don't necessarily see all posts in 'Friends' but posts in 'Suggestions' or 'Tech Assistance' are specifically for them. You are more likely to get an official response there.

• Simon
    Simon

Unless you can email me from the address associated with the original account, there's no way I'd even consider merging things as it risks giving people access to someone else's messages. It also would indicate to others that they were the same person when I have no way of actually verifying that to be the case.

In future I'll be adding the ability to associate other sign-in's with an account which should reduce the chance of losing the login (e.g. allow signing in with google) which should help reduce the chances of this but right now there are security reasons for not merging accounts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit