Poor Sisters

by Darryl 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Darryl
    Darryl

I really felt for you sisters I mean I really did. When you showed up at the Sunday meeting and found out the subject of the talk was going to be -and I can't quite remember the exact wording- but something to the effect of Marriage and Headship, or Honoring and obeying your husband, or something like that how many of you wanted to jump right back in your car and head home. I mean 45 straight minutes of beating down you poor ladies and telling you that you are not worthy of making one decision, taking the lead in anything, don't question the man be obedient and keep quiet. I actually remember one such talk where the speaker said this "you sisters have a lot of things that you take charge of and take the lead in things like what to fix for dinner or how to divy up the chores. Even can suggest places the family might want to go on vacation" Suggest not decide suggest in other words ask hubby. Or how about that snot nose 16 year old kid that you used to watch crawl around the kingdom hall. Now that little shit has gotten baptized and now he's telling you what to do. I used to cringe inside at some of the things I would hear from the platform and wonder what you were thinking. I was never an elder just an MS but I never had that view toward you it is a very chauvaunistic organization.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Oh my, oh my, oh my Never a JW but the "Elder" said I was hoping you would see differently. OH, h..., NO!! It would be a cold day in h... before a man ordered me around.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Wasn`t their a WT / public talk that suggested that if a sister was smarter ,more intelligent than her husband she should play dumb so as not to embarrass or humilliate him ? (words to that effect ?)

If any sister sat through that and still stayed in the organization , then maybe she wasn`t that smart or intelligent.

I knew a few in my time "in" and I would wonder how the hell they ever ended up together , the wife obviously with much more nouse than her spouse.

Geezzz it`s hard not to sign off after all these years

• Divergent
    Divergent

So sisters are NOT allowed to have any positions of responsibility in the congregation and to direct men in any way, BUT form part of the 144,000 anointed remnant responsible for judging and RULING over ALL mankind, including men? Wait... am I missing something here???

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

When I attended my nephews {JW} wedding a while ago, the speaker spoke of submission of the wife to the husband and reiterated that point over and over again, but he never once mentioned how the husband is supposed to love his wife, like Christ loved his church. Christ gave his life for his church and that's what a husband is to do for his wife.

typical WTS twisting of the truth

• sir82
    sir82

Don't forget closets!

Sisters are allowed to organize Kingdom Hall closets now.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So sisters are NOT allowed to have any positions of responsibility in the congregation and to direct men in any way, BUT form part of the 144,000 anointed remnant responsible for judging and RULING over ALL mankind, including men? Wait... am I missing something here???

You're failing to consider that upon their resurrection to their heavenly award, HE [God] will make them perfect and those in heaven have no gender, thus they will have the balance of their brain* and thinking ability restored and be able to judge and rule with wisdom in perfection. For now they are gullible like their mother, Eve, and in their state of inherited sinfulness they are weaker and overly "emotional" (especially during ......well you know).

* [reference to Sam Herd's talk on women]

Don't tase me ladies. NOT my view. Just reiterating the views of the GB/WTS!

• blondie
    blondie

I thought talks were 30 minutes now.....I went into the back room and shut the sound off. Another sister came in and smiled and sat down and we chatted about other things. There were 4 sisters by the end of the talk.

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

By the time I got to my mid-teens I was mentally out and plotting my escape, so these demeaning talks used to make me cringe and seethe inside. This was the late 70s and the old sexist ways were falling to the wayside and had been for years but the JWs desperately clung to the old Leave it to Beaver days. I have no idea how other women in the KH felt about it because I didn't dare discuss my concerns or disagreement with anyone. It was head-down, pretend and endure for about 4 years until I left. Who knows? Maybe other women (and men) also felt like puking at these talks but thanks Darryl for your sympathy.

• TD
    TD

Truly cringe worthy. I have never, for the life of me understood why JW females could not at least stand at the podium and directly address the audience at the "Ministry School," given the premise that the speakers are "Students"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit