is there a new anouncment the person has been removed instead of no longer a witness

by poopie 7 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    Someone reported to me they changed announcent but he is hard of hearing and I was not present anyone hear this?
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    What country did this happen in?
  • Listener
    Listener

I think there was another poster recently that said they thought the announcement had recently changed but there is no confirmation.

If this is the case then it is probably for legal reasons. I'm just listening to a guy called Randy M that had has years of problems with the Elders with them treating him badly and began a lawsuit against them. It was settled out of court and he was given a settlement amount. One thing he mentions is that his suit would include slander if they made an anoouncement saying he was no longer a JW. He said that it was wrong for them to announce that, in affect, he was not a witness of Jehovah.

If the Organization had any sense then they would just announce that so and so was no longer a member of the Congregation. However that might be a problem also because I don't know that any JW is considered to be a 'member' of the congregation.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Whether the wording was changed or not the result would be the same , shunning of the individual , with the same consequences .

Don`t forget the rank & file are all volunteers , who identify themselves as Jehovah`s Witnesses by association with the Governing Body ,,however they are not employed in any way , in any of the corporations or Legal entities relating to the Jehovah`s Witness religion , apparently only the Governing Body`s Anointed members are.

So if you think you are truly accepted as a Jehovah`s Witness by any of the Governing Body members , think again ., you are only being used .

smiddy

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Different method same result

• poopie
    poopie

This happened in us tonight.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Poopie, How are you doing? Are you able to handle it alright? Are you OK?

LoisLane

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

According to recently revised Organized to do Jehovah's Will book, the announcement is the same:

p. 141:

When it is necessary to disfellowship an unrepentant
    wrongdoer from the congregation, a brief announcement
    is made, stating: “[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah’s
    Witnesses.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit