PSS... what's up?

by onightdivine 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onightdivine
    onightdivine

More humblebragging seen via instagram and facebook lately from people coming home from PSS.. using hashtags for the usual "feeling blessed", "what a great privilege", etc., while pictured in some nice tailored dresses that are quite ostentatious actually.

Anyway, what do they teach at PSS these days? Just curious.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    I usually know every JW abbreviation in the book, but what is PSS?!?!?!?!
  • onightdivine
    onightdivine
    Piousneer Serve-us School
  • jhine
    jhine

Shouldn't you have addressed your question to Desirous of Change ?

Jan.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I don't know what they teach these days. I hear it's only a week long now; when I went (several decades ago), it was two weeks.

I don't remember being taught anything, really. I would love to have had a course on Bible history & archaeology, Bible languages, doctrine, etc.. but PSS was nothing like that when I went. Just seemed to be more motivational stuff, organizaitonal stuff, material on showing personal interest in the ministry, etc.

In fact, the only two sections I remember now were on "accepting your lot in life" and "showing personal interest in the ministry".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Shouldn't you have addressed your question to Desirous of Change ?

Why me?

I didn't do it.

I ran out of gas.

I had a flat tire.

Someone stole my car.

IT WASN'T MY FAULT.....I SWEAR TO GOD!

I WASNT MY FAULT -- I SWEAR TO GOD

Doc

• jhine
    jhine

Doc , oh my gosh , what a run of bad luck !!!!!!!!!

Jan.

• sir82
    sir82

Anyway, what do they teach at PSS these days?

Same thing they teach anywhere else:

You're not doing enough, you contemptible miserable worms!

Obey us! Obey us! OBEY US!!

We need your money.

OBEY US!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Most of the pioneer service schools are attended by the same pioneers that have attended in the past. I know of pioneers that have gone 4 times.

I attended one of the first pioneer school in a foreign language. At that time, there was no way in hell that the branch would allow you to go to another. I tried to get the pioneer text in English so I could better help the english householders and was denied.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit