The Field Ministry Experience I Would Love to See

by xjwsrock 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Imagine this exchange in the door-to-door ministry:

Jw: Hello my name is Tom, I'm with a group stopping by briefly...

Householder: I'm sorry let me interrupt you right there... I know all about you people.

Jw: Oh really... what do you mean?

Householder: You are that wierdo cult that believes in all sorts of delusional tripe... How can you let them CON you like that?

Jw: Oh no ... I'm sure you must be mistaken.. you see there are many people out there that spread lies about us to turn people against us...

Householder: Trust me I know what you believe. It's the same basic story-line of all creepy cult religions.

Jw: I'm positive you're mistaken, please tell me what you heard so that I can set the record straight.

Householder: Ok, no problem... Let me take a minute and explain what I heard... and please correct me if I'm wrong..

You believe that your group is the one and only special group hand-picked by God Almighty. One day soon a spaceship will come and rescue you from this planet that has been judged and sentenced to extermination. You will be taken to a faraway planet where you will be given new bodies and live like gods for all eternity. You will enjoy eternal youth and happiness in an Utopian setting of blissful tranquility. This will be your reward for being God's chosen torch-bearers of righteousness. Meanwhile planet earth and all those that refused to listen-to and join your group will be destroyed in a ball of galactic fire...

So how did I do? How close did I get?

Jw: (Laughing) Oh my god, NO. No. No. No.... We don't believe anything like that! I can't believe someone told you that.

Householder: Oh really?

Jw: No we are Christians! We believe Jesus died for our sins and his coming Kingdom will bring wonderful blessings to Mankind.

Householder: Oh man... I'm sorry... Well I guess you could understand my initial reaction when you knocked at my door..

Jw: Oh yes. I do understand. Whoever believes that crap needs to have their head examined!

Householder: I AGREE COMPLETELY! Now go get your head examined!

Jw: What? I'm confused.

Householder: Like I said I know exactly what you believe. Substitute Armageddon for the Spaceship and Paradise for the New Planet and it's basically exactly what you believe. You're in a CULT Dumbass! Now get off my property!

Jw: (Deer in headlights)

Oh to dream :)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That is about right...

Those within a cult can not see the reality unless a comparison is made with a different cult. Even then, some will choose to remain blind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit