Old Memories

by Undecided 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi All,

I just visited a site that had pictures of all the booklets from the 40s.

http://www.agapeacceptance.co.uk/mywatchtowerbooklets20s.htm

It was strange to see those booklets from the 40s and I remember every one of them. I couldn't recall any of them untill I saw the pictures and then it felt like part of my family. We really don't know what is imprinted on our minds.

I couldn't remember reading any of them but the covers were still in my mind and it brought back memories of my childhood and dad and mom. It almost made me cry. The JW religion was so much a part of my life then. Life was so different in the 40s.

Well I must get back to life today.

Ken P.

• MrsQ
    MrsQ

My mom kept an old box full of these. She became a JW in the 70's, but inherited a bunch of old literature--and as a kid I used to leaf through these, just for fun. (I was a weird kid). Anyway, I remember so many of these.

It is amazing how the images stay with you after such a long time.

Q.

• MrsQ
    MrsQ

Also--

Looking at these booklets made me remember how terrified I was as a kid. You know, that is a sick way to grow up--fixated on mass destruction and death. Some of those illustrations are so graphic! I remember being 5 years old and thinking a lot about 'the end' when I was alone and having a horrible knot in my stomach. Is it any wonder I ended up boozing heavily as a young adult? Not only did we witness kids have to deal with regular dysfunctional family crap--we also had the added psycological bonus scarring in the form of constant fear that blood would be running through the streets at any moment and if we didn't go in service on Saturday, WE might be one of those people falling through the cracks when the ground opens up and swallows the wicked!

Ok, that turned out to be a rant.

By the way--I can't figure out how to edit my posts--otherwise, I'd have just added this to my previous post in this topic. Please tell me if it is possible and how...thanks!

Q.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit