Nobody cares and that’s the problem

by Crazyguy 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

When I was a young teenager one of my friends stabbed another in the arm with a hunting knife. I was a witness to the event and we were all appalled by it. But being kids after a few months when the victim wasn’t around we would try to get this guy to come out and play with us . Why, well we needed the extra body. See we played football in the street all the time and he lived on our street. He was pretty good but more importantly we often were short a person for a good game. So in time we started proding him to come out and play.

I think of this experience and about why JWs do what they do. We looked the other way in time because of a selfish need. I think that’s part of the problem with JWs. Thier in a cult and they have been taught some really stupid stuff and they also have been witnessed to some crap. But they stay because it’s their social club thier social life. You try to reason with them you show them all the lies and mistakes but they just don’t want to leave even when they don’t believe most or at least some of it. Why again the same reasons why we as kids looked past the fact that the kid we played football with us had stabbed another friend. We were selfish and I think that’s a large part of the problem with humans in general and JWs. They don’t want to loose what they have their selfish.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It's true, we don't like change and we're afraid of losing friends in case we can't make new ones. That's a real fear for people leaving he JWs. That's why the cult uses fear of shunning to keep people from leaving, they know what they're doing.

• LV101
    LV101

Great points -- We want what we want and we believe what we want and this rules. Scary.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Jw's are forced to pick friends in a fishbowl. How many "friends" that we had, would we really have picked if not being a JW? I never had any friends with my interests except one. But then, if I hadn't had only her as a choice, I would have drifted off from her.

It's not like you couldn't have bad "worldly" friends, but you aren't forced to like them or have to put up with behavior that is negative because it wouldn't be "christian"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit