Bizarre Advice On Child Rearing

by BluesBrother 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Recently we looked this up, to show to someone who refused to believe that they would ever print such advice.

This was in The Watchtower 1976 page 330. It was the lifestory of Porfirio Caicedo from Columbia :-

I recall a form of punishment that worked effectively on Horacio, my fifth son, when the literal rod failed to do so. He was about eight years old. He was too insistent in associating with undesirable neighborhood boys. So I had him dressed in one of his sister’s dresses. Not daring to be seen with that on, he stayed in the house and off the street.
    Once, noting an impudent streak developing in my third and sixth sons, Efraín and Cicerón, I decided to send them to their grandfather’s farm. The boys were about eighteen and fifteen years old at the time. As soon as they arrived, my father-in-law knew they were being punished. It was a source of joy for him to put his grandchildren to work. An energetic worker himself, a lazy or idle person vexed him no end. The boys had to get up every morning at five o’clock and then contend with snakes and wasps and blistered hands while working in the fields in the equatorial sun. A month of that served exceptionally well to enhance their appreciation of how they should act around home.
    What do you think?
  • StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I know of at least 2 serial killers whose mothers made them dress in girl's clothing. .

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Dressing a boy in a girls dress, not a good idea.

Now putting them to work at a farm, Good Idea. A little hard work at that age would not kill them. I grew up with kids that worked on a dairy farm, had to get up at 5 in the morning, feed and milk the cows before they got bussed to school every morning. They grew up to be great people and good parents. I too have a problem with lazy kids.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Now however if he dressed them up in girl's clothes AND made them work on the farm, that would be cruel and unusual punishment !

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Now I dressed Anthony in a dress as a joke on Thunder but he was about 8 months old. I think the first one is bizarre and cruel and serial killer making material as Stinky said. But, the farm work isn't that bad except for the insect stings.

*Stinky Thunder wishes you would go back to your old avatar he loved it

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    Stinky Thunder wishes you would go back to your old avatar he loved it

I'll change it back when Aztec changes hers back.

• happyout
    happyout

In the first example, this is a form of mental abuse that the mother nowadays could possibly temporarily lose custody of her son for. In the second instance, while there is nothing wrong with hard work, the children should have been supplied with gloves, sunscreen, etc, so that they were not subject to injury. I hate when parents get "lazy" in their discipline techniques and resort to cruelty.

Happyout

ps I'm with Thunder and SheilaM, I loved Stinky's old avatar

• freedom96
    freedom96

I would take no advice from a wicked organization like the WTS. I will train my kids the way I want to thank you very much.

• yxl1
    yxl1

I'd rather get dressed up like a girl than whipped with electrical wire for refusing to go on the field service like my mum used to....

But then again, I'd rather get whipped with electrical wire than go on the field service...:-)

• starScream
    starScream

Deu 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Once again the WTS praises an abomination to prevent something that is not even a sin. Way to go WitchTower Bible Trick Society!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit