jws and the heart?

by claudia 4 Replies latest jw friends

• claudia
    claudia

Hi does anyone know the reasoning behind jws allowed to have heart symbols? I thought they had a pagan origin? thanks in advance

• Introspection
    Introspection

Could it be that there are simply too many things like that to keep track of? My understanding is ties are pagan too but they wear them..

• claudia
    claudia

I guess I wonder why some are not permitted and some are.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Oh. Well JWs are separatists, so I guess anything blatantly religious like a cross or pentagram or something is out. It would also explain the holiday/birthday thing, since most people do celebrate those.

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Claudia,

Trying to make sense of and understand the rules and regulations of the Jw's is like trying to explain the rules of the english language to someone. I before E, except after C,etc...it is mind boggling!

Why can they wear wedding rings, when they know these have pagan origins, too? The standard answer is: Enough time has passed that the pagan origin is forgotten and it only has the modern, accepted meaning. Well I say enough time has passed that those stupid accounts in the Bible of people being killed at someones birthday party has been forgotten by most, and the standard accepted meaning of it just being a nice thing to tell someone you're glad they're around should be used! What do you think? Will the society go for it?

think41self

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit