C.T.Russells followers were never Jehovahs Witnesses they were Christian Witnesses of Jesus Christ.

by smiddy3 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I.B.S.A. were all about witnessing to, for ,and about Jesus Christ and not Jehovah. , C.T Russell started the magazine titled " Zions WatchTower and Herald of Christs Presence" in the late 1870`s .

Stating that Jesus Christ had appeared invisibly on his return in 1874 and was now present in the heavens.so according to them at the time they could rightly say as the WT pronounced they were heralding Jesus Christs presence then.

Charles Taze Russell and his followers were witnesses of Jesus Christ and not witnesses of Jehovah.

The Christian Greek Scriptures /New Testament are full of the prime purpose of Christians is to witness about ,too, and for the person/ name Jesus , that has been given above any other name either in heaven ,on earth ,or under the earth Phil.2:10

It was only the usurper of C.T.Russell Joseph Rutherford who hijacked the religion and made it a Jehovian/Old Testament religion shifting the emphasis away from Jesus Christ and putting it on a catholic name of the "Old Testament God Jehovah" invented by a 13th century monk using the four letters of the Tetragrammaton into Latin and adding some vowels to come up with the name Jehovah.

No where in the Christian Greek Scriptures the New Testament are followers of Jesus Christ told to be witnesses of Jehovah ,however countless times at least (20+) they are told to be witnesses of Jesus Christ.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

You're actually on to something with this. I do know the big "Jehovah" push didn't come until after Russell died and Rutherford completed his hostile takeover of the WBTS. Russell's death turned his religious sect into 3 separate sects. Rutherford wanted the public to know beyond a doubt that his sect was different. The whole doctrine of "being know part of this world" comes from Rutherford's reign of the company.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The Jehovah's name thingy was all about Rutherford. His ego and faults, womanizing and alcoholism were well known. He often was not rational.

The Beards gotta go issue was simply wanting to make sure his appointed people were loyal to him. If someone had a beard they were still loyal to Russell.

He was also quite the fool saying and writing things that got him locked up in prison.

He and his close advisers wanted to get separation from Russel's witness of Jesus and separation from the Bible students.

And yes it is interesting that being a witness of Jehovah was mentioned once in the OT while being a witness of Jesus is mentioned close to 22 times in the NT.

Hummmmm.

A simplified chart of historical developments of major groups within Bible Students
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

A P.O./ Elder I was witnessing with some 50 years ago told me that the Berean Bible Institute was an off-shoot of C.T.Russell`s I.B.S.A. this was in Melb. Aust. in the 1960`s

And that they still clung to Russell`s teachings .

I believe they are still based in Rosanna an outer suburb of Melbourne Australia.

Do you know anything about that Giordano ?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Here are the scriptures you referred to Smiddy - but the blinded minds of JW's reject every single one them! Jehovah's Witnesses are what they are called, so they must be witnesses for Jehovah! Cult logic.

(Matthew 10:18) And you will be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations.

(Mark 13:9) “As for you, look out for yourselves. People will hand you over to local courts, and you will be beaten in synagogues and be put on the stand before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them.

(Luke 24:47, 48) and on the basis of his (Jesus') name, repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations - starting out from Jerusalem. You are to be witnesses of these things.

(Acts 1:8) But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the most distant part of the earth.”

(John 1:15) John bore witness about him, (Jesus) yes, he cried out: “This was the one of whom I said, ‘The one coming behind me has advanced in front of me, for he existed before me.’”

(John 5:37) And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me.

(John 8:18) I am one who bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me.”

(John 15:26, 27) the spirit of the truth, which comes from the Father, that one will bear witness about me; and you, in turn, are to bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.

(Acts 10:39) And we are witnesses of all the things he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem; but they did away with him by hanging him on a stake.

(Acts 10:43) To him (Jesus) all the prophets bear witness,

(Acts 13:31) ...and for many days he became visible to those who had gone with him from Galilee up to Jerusalem. These are now his witnesses to the people.

(Acts 22:15) because you are to be a witness for him (Jesus) to all men.....

(Acts 22:20) and when the blood of Stephen your witness was being spilled, I was standing by...

(Acts 23:11) For just as you have been giving a thorough witness about me in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome.”

(Acts 26:16) But rise and stand on your feet. This is why I have appeared to you, to choose you as a servant and a witness both of things you have seen and things I will make you see respecting me.

(1 Corinthians 1:6)...just as the witness about the Christ has been made firm among you,

(1 Timothy 2:6, 7) ...who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time. For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle...............

(2 Timothy 1:8) So do not become ashamed either of the witness about our Lord or of me,.......

(1 John 5:9) If we accept the witness of men, the witness of God is greater. Because this is the witness God gives, the witness that he has given about his Son.

(Revelation 1:9) ......for speaking about God and bearing witness concerning Jesus.

(Revelation 12:17) So the dragon became enraged at the woman and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her offspring, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus.

(Revelation 17:6) And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus.

(Revelation 19:10) I am only a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing concerning Jesus.Worship God! For the witness concerning Jesus is what inspires prophecy.”

(Revelation 20:4) Yes, I saw the souls of those executed for the witness they gave about Jesus......

Christ Jesus was God's witness. Christians were to witness for Christ.

(Revelation 1:5) "....Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,”

(Revelation 3:14) "....the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God:"

(Revelation 19:11) "And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True,.."

The following verses taught Christians that they were to rely on CHRIST'S name for all things - because he was their mediator for all things.

(Matthew 10:22) And you will be hated by all people on account of MY name, (Jesus' name - NOT Jehovah)

(Matthew 18:20) For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.”

(Matthew 19:29) And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands for the sake of my name will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit everlasting life.

(Matthew 24:9) “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name.

(Luke 10:17) .....“Lord, even the demons are made subject to us by the use of YOUR name.”

(Luke 21:12) You will be brought before kings and governors for the sake of MY name.

(Luke 21:16, 17) and you will be hated by all people because of MY name.

(John 2:23) many people put their faith in his name.......

(John 5:27, 28) the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice......

(John 14:26) But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name,

(John 15:16) no matter what you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

(Acts 2:38) “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

(Acts 3:6) In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, walk!”

(Acts 4:10) ....in the name of Jesus Christ....this man stands here healthy in front of you.

(Acts 9:14-16) And here he has authority from the chief priests to arrest all those calling on your name....For I will show him plainly how many things he must suffer for my name.”

(Acts 10:48) With that he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

(Acts 11:26) it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians.

(Acts 16:18) “I order you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.”

(Acts 19:5) On hearing this, they got baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

(Acts 22:16) Rise, get baptized, and wash your sins away by your calling on his (Jesus') name.’

(1 Corinthians 1:2) ....all those everywhere who are calling on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

(1 Corinthians 6:11) ....declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

(2 Corinthians 5:15) And he died for all so that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them . . .

(Philippians 2:10)...so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend........

(Philippians 4:7) .........will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.

(Hebrews 13:15) Through him (JESUS) let us always offer to God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of our lips that make public declaration to his (JESUS') name. (see 27 "witness" scriptures)

Read the comments in this Youtube video to see how active JW's respond to the scriptural commands & evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVACYXc7nLM

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sad to say The Fall Guy that the majority of J.W.`s who read those scriptures do not consider the context or even who is speaking and instead of recognizing it is Christ Jesus that is referred too they just assume it is Jehovah .

Again, sad to say the majority of Jehovah`s Witnesses are mentally lazy and they do not think and reason for themselves but are quite happy to have others do their thinking for them ,namely the G.B.who keep them captives.

Thank you for that exhaustive list T.F.G.,maybe some lurkers here will see for themselves how they are being duped .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit