member?? just browsing.

by avengers 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avengers
    avengers

I was just browsing when my eye caught sight,,, of this:

LESLIE R. LONG

ATTORNEY AT LAW

25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, New York 11201, U.S.A. Telephone (718) 625-3600

March 29. 1987

Admitted To Bars Of

CONNECTICUT

MASSACHUSETTS

NEW HAMPSHIRE

NEW YORK

TEXAS

Mr. Xxxx xxxx

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In re: Your status in the xxxx Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, xxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr. xxxxxx:

I represent Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York. Inc., the parent organization of the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses throughout the United States. I have been contacted by the xxxx Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, xxxxxxx, advising that there is some question concerning your status as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with the xxxx Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. xxxxxx.

I. THE JUDICIAL COMMITTEE ARRANGEMENT

I am sure you are well aware of the judicial committee arrangement o£ Jehovah's Witnesses. However, I would like to review for you the judicial committee arrangement for the benefit of any lawyer you may elect to retain in the future.

As you know, Jehovah's Witnesses base their beliefs on the Holy Scriptures and believe that "all Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness." (2 Timothy 3:16) Therefore, the judicial committee has a Scriptural foundation and operates in a theocratic realm in conformity with Scriptural guidance.

The relation of a member of a congregation to the congrega­tion is consensual as to both parties. A congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is a voluntary association. Both the member and the congregation have a right to determine if they will remain united. The member has the right to disassociate himself from the congre­gation. The congregation also has the right to separate from a member if it is determined by an ecclesiastical tribunal, which Jehovah's Witnesses call a judicial committee, that a member is not conducting his life according to the tenets of the religion.

I remember during the speech before someone is baptized that they said that it is not possible to become a member. It was not possible to acquire a membership. When you were baptized you became one who walks in accordance with Jehovah's laws. This is not a membership. One cannot become a member of Jehovah's Organization. Is there anyone who remembers this? Or am I wrong?

Contradictions,

Contradictions,

Contradictions,

Contradictions,

Tired of it.!!.............................Andy

• Maverick
    Maverick

Oh my God! You mean the WatchTower has lied and mislead people????Who would have thought!!! Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit