Trust Our (Neither Inspired Nor Infallible) Life Saving Direction?

by Ron.W. 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

WT 2013 11/15 p. 20

At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

WT Feb 2017

"The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction "

Are they trying to have their cake and eat it too?
    to have or do two good things at the same time that are impossible to have or do at the same time.

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

1. The governing body is neither inspired nor infallible.

2. When it meets together as the 'faithful slave', it is directed by the Holy Spirit.

3. The Holy Spirit is therefore responsible for errors in doctrinal matters or organisational direction.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Yes, this has always been the approach. Even since Russell's day. Imply (or outright state) that the leadership is guided by holy spirit in order to give weight to what they say. Then, when it is convenient, point out that they are mere men and capable of error.

I wonder if the current group has grasped on to that approach a bit too firmly? They appear to feel as if the latter part will cover for the most drastic and controversial changes. A "get out of responsibility" card that the rank and file must accept whenever it is played.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    WT 2013 11/15 p. 20
    At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

How does the above statement fit in with all the current and future planned radical changes?

Have the watchtower ditched the 'life saving direction' stuff? Or are all these new changes part of their 'life saving direction'??

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think it is what they want the rank-and-file to think, now more than ever. Any who are having doubts over the recent changes are expected to suppress those doubts and carry on. These recent changes are a start, but the WTS is still a cult and still relies on blind obedience from the members. I'm sure the GB will be paying very close attention to any reports from around the world regarding how the changes are being viewed. I also expect that there will be 'experiences' and talks explaining how JWs around the world are welcoming these changes as a blessing from Jehovah.

If they don't get buy-in from the rank-and-file, they are finished. Expect a very hard push to make it seem as if there is 100% unity and 100% joy being expressed due to the new changes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Not even “trust”.

Just “obey”.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

The push will be that Jehovah understands how difficult life has become in the critical last days.

this is why everything is becoming easier

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

That would be a u-turn.

Then: be prepared to make a loyal and unashamed defense of your faith, no matter the cost!

Now: Jehovah understands that things might get a bit rough. Take it easy and avoid unnecessary stress.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

RW - I have that answer etched on my mind along with stuck on the fridge for all to see.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

The baptism questions used to reference "God's spirit-directed organization". If it is spirit-directed but they are not inspired, how does that work exactly? Please be specific.

Let me run to the restroom before you answer so that I don't pee my pants laughing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit