All that pain, loneliness, lack of real love, ----- stare and wonder, WHAT?

by Its so simple 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

Almost 90% of the JW's in the ranks right now, knew/hoped the 1914 things was right. There is almost a collective 'sigh' that you can hear among the followers. Child molestation, selling buildings, commercials on TV, and the relentless march of internet information is going to erode the imperseptable increase to a decrease.

The real issue is the state of these people. No doubt all here are mostly ex JW's and have been burned in some way or another. But think unselfishly for a moment, there are sooo many people that are going to have feelings of hurt and betrayal. So many promises made, and then just cast aside. It seems to me that the B'org' is in a massive reform process. It is making the change from an organization with a face ( Franz, Barr, who's the guy who just died? ) to an unthinking and NO DOUBT soon to be very ineffective organization that will be brought about by legal and financial pressures. They there will be nothing. It will become like a favorite sports team. Something that can be cast aside at the most simplest dissappointment, ie trading your favorite player. Then all that passion that you may have had ( albeit during gametime only ) can just be gone. Have you ever noticed that Kingdom Halls have no sentimental value? At the height of your fanaticism for the B'org', if the hall you attended burned down, would you have even had a pang of sadness? NO, build another one.

I look at many people that I still like that are 'in'. Their eyes are shut tight and their words are pre-programmed. It is so sad. This is a lesson to everyone to think about the consequenses of anything you undertake. Do you think CT Russ had any idea of the hurt and oppression that would come from his no doubt well intentioned efforts?

I want to help them, but they are not ready. The saddest part is, they may never be ready. If you are out, enjoy your freedom. Let go of your bitterness. Think of whats worse being in and being misled by blind guides, or out and knowing you were once blind? I don't know, all I know is I'm sad for the prisoners of the WT.

Maybe it's not so simple

• shamus
    shamus

No, it's not so easy at all. Only those whom want their eyes opened will have their eyes opened. Those whom wish them to remain closed will keep their eyes closed. No "Magic" on your or anyone else's part will help them. Some get on the edge, and you can open their eyes, but, they are already falling away. Don't take it so personally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit