Overdose of JW

by lulu 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• lulu
    lulu

My husband and I have helped ,undercover ,a JW when under difficulty. She is not allowed to speak to us as we are DA'd( questioned WT on UN). Last Saturday night Australian time she was admitted to hospital as an attempted suicide. She telephone me on the Sunday to go into her house and get her some 'things'. Begged me not to tell any other JW's that she spoke to us or asked us to help her!. She is now back home and obviously not speaking to us and crossing the road to avoid us. One time I got her alone and asked her how long she intends to let herself be in such fear and suppression. Her reply? Always, as she is afraid of losing her brothers and sisters(fleshly and JW's) and couldn't go through with what we have gone through!!. So much for loving Jehovah and His Son above all.I say to myself each and every time this is the last time I will help her but every time her tears ropes me in. Sometimes I don't know what to do.

• nilfun
    nilfun

I think it is admirable to help those that need to be helped...but I can't help but notice that she seems to be using you, then tossing you aside when she's through with you...only to use you again...

I hope my words haven't offended you. It's just that after reading how she crosses the road when she sees the friend that has given her so much love and help...that would really hurt my feelings if I were in your position...

(((Lulu)))

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

So where are all these people she's afraid of losing? Why does she have to ask you for help? Why aren't they helping her?

• Maverick
    Maverick

Lulu: Be true to your nature. If you see yourself as the type of person that helps other without regard to payback, then let that be your motivation. This person appears to be unstable and weak, so be it! The next time you help her, and I hope there is a next time, come right out and tell her you know she will disown you when she has recovered. You are just better than that. How would you feel if she became dispondent and harmed herself because you took the same stand as those phony, nonchristains she is apart of, and no one helped her? Maverick

• lulu
    lulu

All of you are correct in a way. She is in such fear of other JW's getting to know that she talks to us when in trouble. Her six brothers and sisters( all JW's) plus the locals JW's don't know any of this. I say everytime this is the last time!, but tears and distress fools me again. Sometimes I wonder if we are doing her any favours in the long run, or is it like giving money to a drug addict and saying to him/her spend it on food only. Saying all that she is such a sweety and needs someone to love her!!.We own a flat she can live in so accommodation is not a problem.

• nilfun
    nilfun

My first post would have been more complete if I had included what Maverick wrote:

"Be true to your nature."

• Brummie
    Brummie

lulu this woman is living a nightmare. I admire you for the patience you have shown up till now, if that patience runs out it is also understandable.

Brummie

• shamus
    shamus

Very sad, isn't it?

It's hard not to feel used when this happens.... well, not like it happens everyday...

It's up to you to do whatever needs to be done... however, if you don't give up on her, maybe she will see that the truth is nothing more than a horrible weight that she needs to get rid of; obviously she can only count on a terrible pagan like you...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit