Anyone know where u can post your own music on the web?

by be wise 5 Replies latest jw friends

• be wise
    be wise

Hi everyone, I'll be finishing my first tracks next week but I'm wondering where I can put them on the web. I've heard of peoplesound.com but I listened to some of the music there and I was wondering if you know of anywhere better? It's a mixture of dance and deep electronic music.

The first tune will be called "Borg Loved", the second "For all Fallen Angels" dedicated to everyone at JWD,cos you're the best and especially everyone at Free Minds.

be wise.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Don't know if they are better, but here are a few others:

www.acidplanet.com

http://www.broadjam.com/signup/mobindex.asp

http://www.iuma.com/

Can't wait to hear your music

• hippikon
    hippikon

Can you call a track "Hippikon can groove" for me?

• Hamas
    Hamas

I could upload them to my website if ever you wanted.

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• rocketman
    rocketman

I hope you succeed in getting your music onto the Web be wise - where others can then pirate it.

• be wise
    be wise

Naughty, Rocketman.

They will be available for free download anyway. I just want people to hear them and enjoy the music. Really the musician is just a passable commodity but I enjoy what I do so I'm not concerned with all that at the moment but I can totally understand people who are trying to make a living by it, it must be very frustrating to say the least, most hopeful musicians have a day job anyway somewhere in the business.

Thanks for the sites nilfun I'll check them out.

Hippikon, what does your name mean? I've heard much worse song names than 'hippikon can groove'.

Hamas, cheers I might, as soon as I get them copyrighted. I know someone at work who said he'll help me design a website - he's studying web design at college but thanks for the offer. I might anyway seen as it is related to ex-JW's.

Rocketman, practically anyone can write there own music now at home and maybe hire a studio for a night, it's extremely cheap to make even though it still takes a lot of work (not half as much as it used to though!) but the downside is it's very easy to copy. It's definately not a musicians world when it comes to marketing it but at least it isn't priviledged to a small few who can afford the gear and studio use and marketing as it was years ago. You can also get cheaper studio time if you work through the night. I don't think anyone knows where it's going at the moment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit