Have You Ever Had One of Those Days...

by Swan 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Swan
    Swan

... when you couldn't get your family out of your mind? When you kept thinking about how horrible they all are because they loved some pipe dream God more than their real flesh and blood? When you wonder if you will ever see them again before they die? When you wonder if they talked to other DF relatives, but they shun you because they never really loved you? When you wonder why they break other WT rules and yet on the shunning thing they remain steadfast?

When no matter how badly they've treated you and you've treated them, you still want to talk to them and tell them you love them? When you wonder if when you wrote to them in past and told them so, did they even care? When the one time in a decade that you got to talk to some of them and they said they love you, if they really meant it?

When you wondered how your life ended up so topsy-turvy; you, who were one of the people privileged to be born into the one true religion, and later coming to find out your family is in one of the worst cults in human history? When you envy so-called "worldly people" all around you for their relatively conflict free lives? When you don't understand how life got so complicated? When you wish it could be so much simpler? When you know some people are in worse shape, but it doesn't make your pain any less bearable?

When you wonder whether or not to quit even trying to reach your family, to put the past behind you, and never think about them again? When you wonder how others do it? When you wonder if for you it is even possible?

Have you ever had one of those days?

Tammy

• Xandria
    Xandria

Swan,

I can relate and truly understand where you are coming from. My sisters have a hit and run relationship with me. Damage due to the JW up bringing.

X.

(((HUGS)))

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

((((((((((( Swan))))))))))) yeah I have had those days too.

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

I know exactly what you are saying. Sometimes I want to show my Mom and my aunts and uncles just one scripture to wake them up. There is such a thick wall up though. The WT has been so successful at conditioning them to running from the real truth. I know that my relatives up north probably think that I am still living a VERY immoral life just because my status is DF'd. If they only knew that my life is so much better and more spiritual than it ever was as a JW. They are in that bubble and completely clueless to who I am. And yes, it is hard to believe they still love me, if they ever did. I'm not so sure they are capable to love someone for just being. My Mom treats me like she always has. She loves me and isn't afraid to show it. The other day I went by to see her and forgot that I was wearing a necklace with a cross on it. I had just bought it and it feels so good to wear it. As soon as she looked down at it my legs turned to rubber. I actually felt ashamed of even buying it. I can't even describe the look she had on her face. She isn't a harsh person, she's very soft spoken and sweet but I still did'nt want to disapoint her. She knows I will never go back to the organization. Our way of dealing with it, is NOT Dealing with it. Just not even bringing it up. I'm sorry you are feeling so alone right now. It hurts to lose the people you the most comfortable with, your blood.

(((((BIG HUG)))))

• Agent Double- O- Soul
    Agent Double- O- Soul

Lots, Swan, all the time. Not for all those reasons, coz my family still love me, & I get reminded of that now & then. But over some of the other stuff... yeah. Like a dark curtain just drops on you, and nothin seems to matter or mean anything.

But you take care Swannie. It's obvious you've got deep feelings about things, & that usually makes for a good wee person. So anyway that's all I can do is say something cheery for you, & let you know I woz thinking about you when I read your wee post, as I'm sure evryone else will who sees it too.

Lotsa Luv an evrythin'....

Soul Bruv

• Swan
    Swan

Thank you everyone,

I'm feeling better today, even though I had a dream about my niece who died last summer. It used to sadden me a lot more in the past, but I am learning how to bounce back from those bad days. Thanks for the words of encouragement. It sure helps.

Tammy

• Princess
    Princess

Sorry to hear you are feeling down Swan. I know it's a long drive but we sure are hoping to see you this summer at the apostafest. August 2.

Rachel

• Swan
    Swan

Thank you Princess. We will be there.

• Krazylady
    Krazylady

Having one of those days myself. I've been out for 30 years, so I don't think of them as often as I used to, but things happen, and it all comes crashing down again. Sometimes I just want my mom to love me...even for a little while...

Sorry you're having a tough time right now. Big Hugs

Krazylady

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit