What's the latest JW stance on these issues?

by Kingpawn 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

I was out at the local hospital for medical reasons today and ran across a woman who I dated once when we were both in good standing (over 20 years ago). She may be still in--I don't know. I noticed the obvious changes in her since then--lost weight, tans, hair's permed, apparently into physical fitness (took some stairs two or three at a time once), maybe false eyelashes, some eye shadow.

I said "Hi [her name]" and she said "Hi there." My wife said she looked bitter mostly after this verbal exchange--like she remembered who I was. (The "don't say a greeting or you're a sharer in his deeds," etc.) Or the fact we were hanging around because I wanted to see if she was still a JW. Also there was no wedding ring and no untanned place on that finger--or is jewelry removed during tanning because the UV rays would make them hot?

Anyway, while I'm not sure about the false eyelashes, I do know she had those and the eye shadow while she was in the cong. before. But wouldn't the perm, or the tanning, be perhaps seen as "worldly?"

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi Kingpawn,

But wouldn't the perm, or the tanning, be perhaps seen as "worldly?"

No, not where I live. Perms have never been taboo as far as I know and tanning isn't either. Unless of course someone is a member of one of those awful congregations where a conservative controling elder, a hater of all things that came after the 1950's, rules. Then tanning and the latest cut in men's suits will surely be looked upon as a sign of iniquity. lol

IW

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, this is Texas, home of Big Hair and LOTS of makeup! Very few of the female Witnesses would be caught without either. I remember going on a ski trip with a group, and one of the older ladies was the type who went to the beauty parlor twice a week for a set and comb out. Well, by the end of the trip everyone was looking a bit bedraggled, but by God, we never saw this one particular lady without full warrior paint (including fake eyelashes) and, when her hair started to wilt from lack of beauty parlor, on went the turban for the rest of the trip.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit