Matthew Chapter 9. New Translation

by Duncan 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Duncan
    Duncan

New discoveries and fresh evidence has become available, shedding new light on the oldest-existing bible texts. The WTS has used its considerable resources in getting hold of this documentary evidence, in order to present a new Translation of the Gospels, which will be released at the summer conventions.

Here's a taster: A new translation of Matthew Chapter 9:

As Jesus passed on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the customs post. He said to him, "Come, follow me." And he got up and followed him.

While he was at table in his house, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat with Jesus and his disciples. The Pharisees saw this and said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?"

Jesus heard this and said, "You know, those Pharisees have a point. I must watch more closely those with whom I associate. It’s so important to keep the congregation clean, and not to stumble the brothers.”

And Jesus from that moment on always shunned the sinful ones and tax-collectors.

While he was saying these things to them, an official came forward, knelt down before him, and said, "My daughter has just died. But come, lay your hand on her, and she will live."

Jesus rose and said to his disciples: “Sometimes, I don’t know where the brothers get these crazy ideas from!”

Meanwhile, a woman suffering haemorrhages for twelve years came up behind him and touched the tassel on his cloak.

She said to herself, "If only I can touch his cloak, I shall be cured."

Jesus turned around and saw her, and said, "Now then, sister! More Field Service! That’s what you need! Are you really having a full share in the ministry?”

And from that hour the woman went away, still suffering from haemorrhages, but having a properly adjusted view of her supposed “troubles”.

When Jesus arrived at the official's house and saw the flute players and the crowd who were making a commotion, and he said, "Really, now brothers, we should allow our bible-trained consciences to guide us to a mature and balanced view of this worldly music!”

And the crowd felt guilty and ashamed.

When the crowd was put out, he came and took the little girl by the hand, and he said to the official: “Yes, she’s dead alright. Definitely.”

And the official began to weep miserably, and Jesus said to him:

“What’s all this fuss? Haven’t you heard of the resurrection?”

The official said:

“Oh, Great Teacher! Please tell me. When shall it be?”

And Jesus said, walking out the door, “Well, …er… real soon. Yes, really, REALLY soon! …er... Not long now! Not long at all…”

The man, still full of grief, called after him and said “ But, Rabbi, what does that mean? Soon? What’s soon?”

And Jesus called back and answered the official:

“You must learn to wait on Jehovah.”

And news of this spread throughout all that land.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Excellant

You need to get a job in the writing department!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Is this from The Missing Chapters of The Greatest Man book? Or is it just revision 2?

• DJ
    DJ

Duncan,

You seem to have captured them perfectly. Nice job..lol..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit