Unbaptised Publishers

by Giles Gray 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

Does anyone know which year the Organisation first counted unbaptised publishers as Jehovah's Witnesses?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

I think it was around 1983 when they published the Organized To Do Jehovah's Will book, where on pages 98 and 99, or there about, they spoke of new ones becoming ministers and how they had to qualify and so forth to be an unbaptized publisher.

Some of the other folks might jump in here and provide even more details if they want.

If you want the book just let me know and I'll get you a link.

Cookie thief!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

I had the name wrong. It was the 1983 Organized To Accomplish Our Ministry. Read page 97 to 100 and the book should cover some of that material.

Atlantis!
  • Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

Thank you Atlantis. You're an absolute star as always.

Not sure why but I always thought that the Watchtower Organisation only counted active baptised publishers in their official statistics. I didn't know until recently that unbaptised publishers are also counted as 'Jehovah's Witnesses'.

Many thanks once again for that information.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I began turning in time slips in about September of 1973 and was baptized in November. I don't know what, if anything, happened to those reports. At the time I thought they were included in the congregation reports, but I can't remember if that was stated explicitly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit