Goodbye London Arena!

by Matty 5 Replies latest social current

• Matty
    Matty

To all those who have been to the convention at the London Arena, one of the London's most important concert venues for many years, there is one more chance to go before it closes forever. That is if you have a strong stomach!

It is going to be demolished and subject to planning approval, a massive 1,000-flat tower block will take its place.

Next Sunday, on the 15th June 2003, the last day of the Witness convention there will be the very last event at the London Arena ever. What a strange old swan song!

The London Arena's fate was sealed when the Government decided to hand the Millennium Dome to a consortium that was also joint owner and operator of the Arena. The consortium wants to relocate the Arena's activities to the new redeveloped Dome. The restored Millennium Dome is expected to reopen by about the end of 2005 – this will leave poor old London without a major venue for more than two years.

• Matty
    Matty

Hmm! Am I the only one here ever to go to the London Arena for a convention? Am I the only one here that's sad that London will no longer have any kind of major concert venue until they refurbish the dome?

• Matty
    Matty

http://www.skyscrapers.com/re/en/nc/ne/100869/

One last desperate BTTT in the hope that someone might reply!

Well, today's the day that we say goodbye to the London Arena. Will the dubs be pulling all the fixtures off as souvenirs today?!

I always found it a really comfortable venue, an excellent place to sleep through the sessions, much better than Twickenham!

• ballistic
    ballistic

I've never actually been there for anything Matty!!!

• Matty
    Matty

No? Well, it's a very good venue - I can't see why they shouldn't keep it until they refit the dome.

The Articles about it, including the link above would rather say that Beyonce Knowles, Justin Timberlake or Eminem were the last people to perform there, but unfortunately that isn't the case!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Matty,

I am devastated about the London Arena.

Actually, I've never even heard of it!

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit