WT Lawyers: "Theocratic Warfare" is alive and well in this organization.

by Jerry Bergman 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

Boy does this bring back memories! When I claimed I was treated like this many would not believe me! Any other experiences you out there have had like this??

(From Bill)

I am sitting here looking out the tenth floor window of my Watchtower paid for room at the Manchester Holiday Inn. The events of the day before are difficult to comprehend as I reflect on what happened. I feel like I have been in a fight in which the opponent is allowed to break all the rules and my arms were tied behind my back. The last vestige of respect that was held for the organization was pummeled away as these unrighteous men showed just how desperate the organization is to sink to the lowest level in order to avoid addressing the real issue of protecting children.

They attacked my children, my parents, my marriage, my life as a Jehovah's Witness. It was like living a version of "this is your life" from people that hate you. Would you like a few examples?

1. They attempted to put personal information about my children on the public record, their names, dates of birth, and other personal details. When I refused to answer, explaining that I had death threats and this could be a danger, I was told they were planning to go before a judge and compel me to answer with a new deposition that I would have to pay for at my own expense. They also said they would deposition my children to gather information against me.2. When I refused to provide the names of my parents for similar reasons the same threat was offered. The matter involving my father was brought up in a way to say or imply that he viewed me as a bad person.
    3. Detail of my marriage such as the age of my wife when we got married, her date of birth, what she does for work was brought up and discussed in great detail.

Finally the most stunning was the material provided by Watchtower. To all Jehovah's Witnesses out there take note-Your information is not confidential. Paperwork was provided by Watchtower that even included my original bethel application. Do you want to know why they pulled this out? Because my first name "Bill" appeared on the application instead of "William." They were trying to imply that this was dishonest in some way. My original letter that I wrote when I left bethel was produced to try to say my time at bethel was less than what I have stated, but again there was no backing for this frivolous accusation. There was CO reports, letters from my deletion in 1992 and all details were provided by the Watchtower for open review to put on the pubic record. As the attorney read from his thick notebook it appeared that he had transcripts of my telephone conversations with Service and Legal Departments. He refused to allow me to review them. It is interesting to note three weeks earlier under oath before the judge, key Service Department overseer Gary Breoux stated that phone conversations are not recorded by Service or Legal Departments. Yet how was this attorney to have what appeared to be a transcript of my phone conversation with Service and Legal from almost three years ago? Did Gary Breoux perjure himself under oath? Who says "Theocratic Warfare" is not alive and well in this organization.
    So much was covered regarding detailed letters and reports all provided by Watchtower. Whenever I asked to see the information it was denied. I turned to Mario Moreno and said, "I am now making formal request for all correspondence and paperwork pertaining to myself to be provided and sent to me." He made no comment.

It seemed one of the largest concerns of the Watchtower hired attorney was that I described his Lexus as a $70,000 car. I also used the word "new." He wanted to use this as a basis to say all things on the silentlambs website were untrue or exaggerated. Well I explained we try to be as accurate as possible and if something is inaccurate we gladly correct it. He stated his car only cost $38,000 new and it was three years old and he only paid $28,000 for it. So for any who may have had great concern about the Lexus of the attorney that defends the rights of a child molester for Watchtower, we are glad to make this clarification. There also was some discussion about the amount estimated of retainer fees they were being paid. I generously offered to amend the figures quoted if they would provide the actual amount. They conveniently declined to accept my offer. So I guess I will have to stick with my original assessment.

What is the point of all this? Jehovah's Witnesses leadership in my opinion are unscrupulous scalawags that will sink to the lowest level of nasty cut throat tactics to protect their money. Victims be dammed and anyone else that tries to stand up for them.

Watchtower will use all "confidential" records against you that they keep over the course of your entire life. They will make them a matter of public record to try and disgrace, humiliate or discredit you in anyway possible. They will go after your children, parents, wife, threaten them with subpoena, depositions and the expense of making these things happen. They will attack with tactics that sink to the lowest human denominator and use World Wide Work money to finance their wickedness.

What did WWW money pay for in the last two days? See pictures-
    http://community.webshots.com/album/75952879gWupNT?324

It is estimated that one day of depositions cost $5,000-$10,000. Two days of depositions were taken this week, so around $10,000-$20,000 of Jehovah's Witnesses WWW money just went to finance the defense of the Watchtower child abuse policy.

Does this make anyone that is a JW proud to know that hard earned money they send for donations is being used to ultimately defend child molesters? In some ways I am thankful to have seen this. It is like seeing a bad marriage clearly for the first time. You wonder how you could have been so blind. At silentlambs all we have stated from day one is to protect children, the resistance and fight Watchtower is putting up clearly shows this has nothing to do with God as they pursue their evil course of hurting children by defending bad policy.

• DJ
    DJ

The jws that I know use theocratic warfare (lying) everyday even when it has nothing to do with their religion. They basically live a lie and if it benefits them they will lie. I suppose that they justify it because they have the need to be right about everything at all times otherwise.....in their minds, it could affect the way that they are percieved by others. They hate appearing human unless it has to do with a false prophecy then they claim human imperfection and blame it on the rank and file anyway. I think it is called pride.

• DJ
    DJ

I'd like to add that it is Bill's resposibility to answer questions at a deposition unless his attorney objects and it is also important to be sure of the facts before he puts things on his web site. His life needs to be scrupulous or he will be discredited by the wt lawyers. This is true of all legal cases. I would like to know of the wt has the atpe of the phone conversation between Bill and the legal dept., that was shown on Dateline. It only showed a one sided conversation and many current jw's think that it is a conspiracy. It should be made known to all supporters too. It's not easy being involved in litigation and Bill is getting his first taste. They will get uglier and I am surprised that he is surprised. What'd he expect?

• kproscts
    kproscts

I say fight fire with fire, lawyers are skilled at how to use the law to their clients advantage and the WT and out spend all of it's sheep. Take the fight into the media, local papers and radio...Be careful of what you say, but none the less it has the impact desired if done properly. Maybe a little touchy when in litigation. Don't give up or give in!

• Mary
    Mary
    His life needs to be scrupulous or he will be discredited by the wt lawyers. This is true of all legal cases.

Yes, but these men are supposed to be Jehovah's "representation" here on earth. We're talking about "Christ's brothers" here.........aren't they supposed to be DIFFERENT that just plain ol' regular lawyers that represent Satan and his thugs? Doesn't the bible say "whoever slaps you on the right side", that you're supposed to "turn the other cheek?"

I'm not comparing Bill Bowen to Jesus, but isn't it eerily similar how, when religious leaders are exposed for the lying, rotten hypocrites that they are, that they will stop at NOTHING in order to get rid of the person who exposed them??

Well, the Society's behaviour shows the desperate state they must be in that they have to stoop to a new level of scumness (is that a word?). The lawyers are probably shitting their pants because they know full well that, despite whatever they can try and "dig up" on Bill Bowen, nothing changes the fact that they have knowingly protected criminal behaviour within the Organization, and have punished victims in the worst imaginable way possible. They give new meaning to the word "betrayal".

I wish Bill all the luck in his deposition. Just remember that he has the truth of the matter on his side.

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

What kind of a Christian Organization claiming to be led by Christ and directed by God's holy spirit would hire lying lawyer sharpies amongst themselves to ruthlessly defend child molesters who have raped children in thier congregations? What kind of religious organization claiming to be Christian and "clean" would protect sexual predators and viciously attack, and ostrasize the parents and others who support these child victims? And what kind of religion has God's blessing when they use the tactics of corrupt lawyers driving around in Lexus's to depositions that attack the families and children of those speaking out about the pedophiles these lawyers are protecting. I will tell you what kind of religion it is. It has nothing to do with God. It is a publishing Corporation with members called "pulishers" who support it with their hard earned money because they believe it is a religion of God. But instead it is nothing more than a money laundering pyramid hiding behind the guise of a religion as it accumulates money, real estate and stocks. No wonder their lawyer sharpies are so ruthless, and no wonder they are being exposed by the media and the courts. They are desparate.They are the Watchtower Corporation. When we walked away from that religion after our own litigation over these issues, our lawyer said "he had never seen a more corrupt religion" and he was so glad we were breaking free. Yes the truth does set one free.

• DJ
    DJ

Mary,

Are you actually surprised? I have never seen honorable behavior out of the wt. Have you forgotten that they believe that they are the locusts of Rev.9 who have come out of the bottomless pit to harm and torture people? This is not an ordinary group of people. They are living delusional disfunctional lives w/o love or humility. I submit to you that many non-jw lawyers are more ethical than the wt lawyers. They will stop at nothing because they truly believe that this exposure will bring reproach on God's name. Which as we know, is a deceitful cult who dishonors Christ on a daily basis. They will do what it takes to protect themselves in order to keep their self-righteousness. Don't be fooled. love, dj

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

The way this so-called God's Org (& the people that do the dirty work) conducts business and treats people is unforgivable and brings about the "second death."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit