New light on the Flood!

by drwtsn32 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Ok, so it's not from the WTS but it's funny.

http://www.planetx2003.com

Supposedly Planet X is due to pass by Earth very soon with catastrophic results. This happens every 3,000 years or so. It was the cause of the flood in Noah's day.

Searching Google I see that there was a web site at www.zetatalk.com that predicted this would happen in May/June 2003. Now the site seems to be inaccessible. Perhaps because their doomsday prophecy failed? lol

In any case, the reason we haven't heard about it is because they don't want to start a panic. After all, 2/3 of the population will be killed. Apparently the governments and the Vatican are well aware of Planet X.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Heh, I know who you're talking about. She was on the Art Bell/George Noory show many times, and even they make fun of her. You have to do some pretty wild and whacky stuff to be made fun of on that show!

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

His math for Bible prophecy is worse than the Watchtower's. He states that:

Geological research does find reason to believe that there was a vast, sudden and deadly flood around 5600 B.C. (3600 X2), close enough to the possible time of Noah to fascinate Bible literalists...

Well, what fascinates me is this guy's math skills. First, 3600 X 2 = 7200, not 5600, as everyone knows. Even if you assume that he means to subtract the 2003 years of the AD period, or all years since 1 BC, you still end up with: 7200 - 2003 = 5197 BC. Not 5600BC!

If this orbit of Planet X is so damn precise that they can pinpoint exactly the year 2003, and it has an elliptical orbit of exactly 3600 years, then their Noah's flood in 5600 BC is absolute hogwash based on the math alone...

After all, the Bible Code II book says the world will end in 2006... That's what I'm betting on.

• logansrun
    logansrun

There was a pyschologist named Immanuel Velikovsky who made a fortune off a book entitled, "Worlds in Collision" which stated that a planet erupted out of Jupiter, flew past the Earth causing many miracles in the Bible and is, today, the planet known as Venus!

If that doesn't sound crazy, get this: my old presiding overseer actually recommended I read this book.

Bradley

• rocketman
    rocketman
    If that doesn't sound crazy, get this: my old presiding overseer actually recommended I read this book.

Bradley

Indeed.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    After all, the Bible Code II book says the world will end in 2006... That's what I'm betting on.

Well, I'm putting my faith in the X-Files. The world will end on December 22, 2012. The Myan calendar agrees with that date.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    The Myan calendar agrees with that date.

I have a good friend who believes that. His email addy is helios2012. I love him to death but, what a nut... Well, perhaps I'm wrong and the Mayans were right. We'll see.

~Aztec

• AlanF
    AlanF

Bradley, I'm not surprised about the Velikovsky recommendation. I think it was either Carl Sagan or Martin Gardner who wrote that Immanuel Velikovsky was the very model of a crank. I have a strong suspicion that the Watchtower's Writing Department was very interested in parts of his crazy writings in the early 1950s, since around then they began a gradual change from the old Russell ideas about the Flood. Interestingly, both Velikovsky and the Watchtower latched onto the writings of a 19th-century crank named Henry Howorth, who wrote three sets of books and numerous articles claiming that something like Noah's Flood produced the famous "frozen mammoths" and other frozen fauna of Siberia. This of course is complete nonsense, but it was a staple of JW teaching about the Flood until the early 1980s, when they quit writing about it. Even today, the writer of the infamous Creation book (and editor of Awake! ), one Harry Peloyan, believes in Howorth's nonsense.

AlanF

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Yeah, the Myan calendar ends in 2012. But I have a calendar that ends December 31, 2003! So I'm really conflicted... not sure what to believe. I'll play it safe and go with Fox Mulder on this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit