Models of self-disclosure (fixed)

by Introspection 2 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Introspection
    Introspection

Here's a little something I worked on while in my interpersonal psych class.. I guess it's fairly self explanatory, it's all about communication, what people know about you, what you know about yourself etc. I thought the taiji diagram is a good way of illustrating the dynamic nature of the exchange tho.. Incidentally, I remember a class mate blurting out Johari's Witnesses in class! lol

Alright, instead of posting the pics I'll just give a weblink:

. http://www.geocities.com/markec3019/index.html

• goo
    goo

hi intro - yea i've done those tests before - or at least something very similar - i always end up as a little black cube in the bottom right unknown corner in all the categories graphed.

thats me i guess.

goo.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Goo the Johari window is really not a test, it's just a model that describes how we communicate with others. I like the old tai chi diagram because it better illustrates the constant give and take, and within the unknown we tend to have a "hidden" part of ourselves, yet the open part contains a blind spot where we don't see something about ourselves.

By the way, it's funny to note that the name "Johari" actually comes from the first names of the guys who came up with that model - Joe and Harry!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit