Onacruse

by Francois 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

I can't find the thread in which you put..."francois, a question. Wouldn't the "uniqueness of being" require continuity of existence? If so, resurrection from non-existence would be a new being, not a re-creation of the previously existing being."

No, no not at all. Your identity, your personality, that which makes you you and not me or someone else is in possession of the departed Spirit that has been a part of your heart/mind since birth. That personality is recombined with your life transcript which has been in the keeping of certain cosmic beings assigned to that function. There is no non-existence involved in this transaction. You will know as you have known, you will be known as you have been known, you will recognize your friends and family members from your previous life here on this planet. You will just be slightly more spiritual and slightly less material. This material "mark of the beast" that is, the evidence of your origin as a being of evolutionary, animal origin is being erased and you become more and more and more spiritual until that time that you are resurrected a first-stage spirit.

See?

francois

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Yes, of course. Oh, by the way, congratulations on attaining supremacy.

• Francois
    Francois

RF - Holy Smoke! I didn't even notice. And you're the only one who has. Thank you good sir. I appreciate your noticing.

Ummm, what do I win?

francois

• onacruse
    onacruse

francois, I just got home from work, and want to say, first of all, congrats

I have some questions about your proposition...let me settle in awhile and I'll get back to ya.

If anybody else cares to join in, it's fine by me

Craig

• onacruse
    onacruse

francois, I'm approaching your idea more from a "this doesn't work" perspective than a "this is what being is."

I was talking with another poster here last month, and he brought this up: the Biblical idea of "total death, cessation of existence" and then subsequent resurrection, simply doesn't make sense. For example, here I am, Craig. I die, cease to exist. My lifeless "mind patterns" are encoded in some great computer somewhere, and conjured up by the great Technician. My lifeless patterns are injected into another corporeal body, and suddenly I'm "alive" again. Craig "A."

But, oops! The great Tech accidentaly pushes "enter" again, and out pops another "me," Craig "B."

Who's the real "me?" Is it A, or is it B? Yes, this is the classic "clone" dilemna, but I think it's very relevant to our ideas about resurrection and life after death.

Comments?

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit