WT study

by inbetween09 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• inbetween09
    inbetween09

It became rare, I thought, when considering last weekends study article. It became rare, that most of the message is actually quite ok. The gist was to avoid loving oneself, money and pleasures more than God. Thats ok, if you're a believer.

This was my take until I saw the pictures, and discovered the real message behind the article.

As often, they use pictures to contrast bad and good behaviour (in their eyes at least).

Guess what the picture regarding good behaviour in matters of money portrayed? Yes, you guessed right, a brohter putting money in the donation box. So that was the real intention of the article, another hidden request for money.

The sheeples must not love money, but the borg can...hypocrites...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

To not love yourself is actually bad advice. If you do not "love"/ care for yourself you are no use to anybody else even a burden.

If you love "God" more than one's own life or family it can be the excuse for all sorts of calllous, irresponsible behavior. Useful advice for a cult though.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Exactly sparrowdown. Bullying and intimidation are the current modes used by our family to get us to "return to Jehovah".

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It amuses me now how all religions including JW`s have to keep reminding/encouraging members to give money?

I don`t recall anywhere in the NT of Jesus asking for money or guilt tripping anybody to give over their valuable things to an organization ?

GOD the ALMIGHTY needing money from his worshipers ,makes you laugh when you stop and think about it .

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

https://youtu.be/FVVo036N9OY

George Carlin says it Best

• sparky1
    sparky1

'A picture is worth a 1,000 words' but to the Governing Body it could be 1,000 dollars!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    tweeners - the picture regarding good behaviour in matters of money portrayed? Yes, you guessed right, a brother putting money in the donation box. So that was the real intention of the article, another hidden request for money.

Words fail me.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

When a Church requests donations, and that same church gives back to the parishioners, and the entire community, then I'm ok with that.

Giving to people who can't pay their rent, energy bills, giving food and clothing, giving free or sliding scale therapy services etc etc. Not just to members of the same church, but all who need it. That is how a non profit is supposed to work.

The WT does not do that. That offends me to no end!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit