Fluff question for the Aussies

by Kingpawn 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

My employer imports a lot of beef from Australia and New Zealand. They have to conform to AS (Australian Standard) 3724.

What is that?

Is it something to do with the box, the meat, or what? I haven't had a good dose of legalese lately and maybe someone can give me a hit of obfuscatory governmental verbiage.

This should set a record as one of the quickest-dieing threads on the board, but I've seen this for years on the boxes and I'm...kinda starting to...look for it again...and again...and....

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Sorry KingPawn. It really isn't beef at all ! The aussies and kiwis have been fooling us all these years!

They have to conform to AS (Australian Standard) 3724. What is that?

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

It's funny you mention that. I heard recently about a past incident where a whole truckload of meat was rejected because it was kangaroo meat.

• fairy
    fairy

i am only guessing that its the quality of the meat

• fairy
    fairy

found this on the internet.

PK-005 - Current Publications

• AS 1048-1998
    International fibreboard box code
  • AS 3537-1998
    Specification for general purpose corrugated fibreboard boxes and blanks
  • AS 3724-1994
    Fibreboard boxes for the export of meat, meat products and offal
  • Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Fairy,

Cool! Thanks, I didn't expect there'd be info like this, though I should have.

And btw, Happy Birthday!

• fairy
    fairy

thankyou for the happy birthday

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I hope you can sleep at night now Prawn!! knowing that those sacred numbers are to do with the composition of the cardboard box youre chop gets shipped in. I know I will.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit