Women and Pants reason for world woes.

by unique1 6 Replies latest social current

• unique1
    unique1

Swazi king blames women's trousers for world's ills

Tuesday, June 3, 2003 Posted: 9:11 AM EDT (1311 GMT)

Story Tools Save a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.comSave a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.com Email a link to this articleEmail a link to this article Printer-friendly version of this articlePrinter-friendly version of this article View a list of the most popular articles on our siteView a list of the most popular articles on our site

MBABANE, Swaziland (Reuters) -- Swaziland's absolute monarch has singled out women wearing pants as the cause of the world's ills in a state radio sermon that also condemned human rights as an "abomination before God."

"The Bible says curse be unto a woman who wears pants, and those who wear their husband's clothes. That is why the world is in such a state today," Mswati, ruler of the impoverished feudal nation of about one million, said late on Thursday.

The Times of Swaziland reported that the monarch, who reigns supreme in the landlocked country run by palace appointees and where opposition parties are banned, went on to criticize the human rights movement.

"What rights? God created people, and He gave them their roles in society. You cannot change what God has created. This is an abomination before God," the king told an audience of conservative church leaders.

Women on the streets of capital Mbabane were not impressed.

"The king says I am the cause of the world's problems because of my outfit. Never mind terrorism, government corruption, poverty and disease, it's me and my pants. I reject that," said Thob'sile Dlamini.

See JW's aren't the only crazy people.

• Shakita
    Shakita
    "The Bible says curse be unto a woman who wears pants, and those who wear their husband's clothes. That is why the world is in such a state today," Mswati, ruler of the impoverished feudal nation of about one million, said late on Thursday.

Ummmm, where does it say this? Did I miss something?

Yup, the unforgiveable sin, pants on a woman.

Mrs. Shakita

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I think a woman without pants (slacks) on would draw more attention, don't you think, Mrs. Shakita?

Blondie

• Shakita
    Shakita

....to blondie!

Reminds me of what someone said once when I was complaining about how nervous I was giving talks in front of so many people.....told me to picture them in their underwear ......it didn't work, I was still nervous.

Hey, Jesus didn't wear pants.....so why do I?

Mrs. Shakita

• obiwan
    obiwan

So that must mean that all the women should walk around in thier undies, then we would have world peace!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Up with dresses! Down with pants!

• rocketman
    rocketman

And here all this time I thought the above-the-knee skirt was the source of the world's woes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit