God and even nature are against all practices of mind control

by Ireneus 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Most of the people with skin problems have something in common. They feel their individuality is being threatened somehow and others have power over them as though they are feeling thin-skinned or things as tending to get under their skin. It is under the skin that our nerves function, and skin is the largest sense-organ which is like a blanket over the whole body, hence is a symbol of protection. When reeling under the heavy-handedness of somebody/some cultic organization, skin feels the weight of it, and when prolonged it expresses itself as some of form skin dis-ease—from minor to major depending upon the degree of control being felt from others. And it is also observed and when a person takes back his own power, and begin to nurture himself saying in his mind “I love myself, and I am by own boss, I abandon beliefs thrust upon me …etc it is observed that skin feels at ease and restores its normalcy.

This shows the very design of our body rules out validity of cultic organizations that thrive on their mind-control practices. No wonder one ancient proverb says “mercy is the supreme form of righteousness” which lays down natural behavior pattern that should exist between humans! Interestingly, Jesus is quoted as telling a cultic organization of his time: “Go and learn what God meant when he said, “I desire mercy, not sacrifice” (Matthew 9:13; 12:7; Hosea 6:6) which his half-brother James later extolled it as supreme quality when he wrote: “Mercy triumphs over judgment.” (James 2:13) It means no one can value “being right” even more than showing compassion or mercy—which is at the root of phariseeism, an inordinate love for being right which results in the practices of even shunning towards those who disagree. In shunning, the supreme quality, compassion, is also being shunned, which means compassion and mind-control are mutually exclusive.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

According to my reading of Jesus he was against tyranny whichever group this came from. I agree that any kind of tyranny is wrong and I agree re the physical conditions it can produce.

from a political perspective the Pharisees as a group had democratic aims while the priestly class had aligned themselves with the imperial class and those who wished to restore kinship.

Most groups can veer towards tyranny as can individuals within groups. Of the groups in Jesus day I would say that the Pharisees were most in touch with the poor and their needs. The moral lessons that Jesus provided shouldn't be taken to stigmatise whole groups of people but the moral and ethical lessons drawn do offer valuable insights that are universally relevant today. So being right can be seen as an exercise of tyranny and power play when it is taken to extremes or exercised to disempower others.

• venus
    venus

Everyone knows what is right and wrong which makes religious organizations not a necessity (Mathew 7:3, 4; 21-23) and sends a double NO + NO to cults.

Work of guiding people belongs to Government. That is why it is called “minister of God” (Romans 13:1, 4, 7; Compare Daniel 2:21)

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Imo government, God and nature can be tyrannical too.

• waton
    waton

https://youtu.be/goYnjP-ghRk

there is this song: "I got you under my skin". Frank Sinatra a too.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

By the way Ireneus I really like your conception of God - as favouring compassion mercy and love over shunning

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Thank you Ruby456,

Bible speaks about God’s “tender mercies”—an expression I liked very much for which we find proof in the abundant provisions for enjoyment of life. However, such characteristics of God are clouded under the abundance of human inspired verses in the Bible. People who had to replace their damaged organs/limbs with some artificial organs/things in their bodies would remember how nice and at easy they felt when they were with their original organs--as though they were all originally designed with so much care and tender affection.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

There's heaps of tenderness if we look for it but I think the world today could do with more particularly such qualities as compassion and mercy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit