Picture worth 1000 words

by ILoveTTATT2 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

(Matthew 25:41-46) 41 “Then he will say, in turn, to those on his left, ‘Be on YOUR way from me, YOU who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. 42 For I became hungry, but YOU gave me nothing to eat, and I got thirsty, but YOU gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, but YOU did not receive me hospitably; naked, but YOU did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but YOU did not look after me.’ 44 Then they also will answer with the words, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them with the words, ‘Truly I say to YOU, To the extent that YOU did not do it to one of these least ones, YOU did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Wow, see, just the other day while at the KH they were saying some mish-mash about how the preaching work saves lives and I was thinking, so do the churches, but literally by giving food and shelter and clothes AND they preach the word to them. But the churches don't single out just preaching and nothing else. Jesus said feed the poor too. But 99% of the JW's don't do that.

• smiddy
    smiddy

That is CLASSIC ,

Gods greatest Gift ? ignore the plight of the homeless /destitute /beggar , we want people who can donate to our cause and promote our Kingdom interests , stuff those who cant /wont help themselves , he`s got no money, so no value to us ,we just refuse to see him..

• Landy
    Landy

At first I thought he was manning the cart.

He has that same enthusiastic look I used to have when I was dragged out on the field service.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The hypocrisy is outstanding!

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Love the picture. Did you deliberately get a guy to sit by the cart or was this just a spontaneous candid photograph?

Individual JWs can be very charitable even to the worldly, but you're right, the organization does zilch in this regard. When I went church hopping I was impressed with how many churches have organized charity drives for the poor and destitute. It made me feel a little less cynical toward Christianity.

• waton
    waton

if the jws at the cart have any heart, or wit, they would direct any contributions offered to the two plastic cups on the ground.--Then wt would become part, ever so little, of the greatest gift.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I see this all the time in Liverpool.

I remember a few years ago I was out door knocking and a householder said to me she wouldn't accept any literature from JWs because they don't help the homeless like other churches do. I had no answer for her. That really made me think even back then.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    Did you deliberately get a guy to sit by the cart or was this just a spontaneous candid photograph?
    The picture is not mine, I saw it in a Facebook group. The person who took it claims it was spontaneous, in Victoria, BC, Canada.
  • steve2
    steve2

There was a thread on this forum perhaps a year or two ago that featured a photo of two JWs sitting inside a café with their JW cart outside and a "homeless" man sleeping beneath the café window. Turns out it was photo-shopped.

You cannot blame us for thinking this was staged or photoshopped. Whenever I've seen JW carts, they've not been lined up with others sharing the space.

I don't dispute the point you're making, though. The churches do a lot of fantastic work in looking after the needt whilst groups such as JWs offer little of practical value to the needy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit