Hair Style in the Org

by JH 4 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Did you have to make a major change in your hair style, or hair length when you joined the JW's?

They hinted that I needed a hair cut when I joined. I guess my hair was a little too long then.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

I have short hair and they said in my judicial meeting that I looked gay little did they know but they were the only people to ever say that I look gay...........I dont look gay..........................does my bum look big in this?

• bigboi
    bigboi

I found that most issues with hair styles were totally dependent on how many assholes were on the local BOE. For instance in one Congregation I attended the elders didn't want any young brothers to wear hairstyles that were commonly referred to as 'fades'. I had to let my hair grow out a bit and wear a lining all the way around while I attended that KH to stop being harassed. A fade is equivalent to a crew cut I believe and it was always interesting to see pictures of young GB members in the Proclaimers pub wearing that exact same hairstyle back in the day. Ignorant hypocrites.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

take it from a fashionista...

if i could compile a list of the bad hair do's in the org.....it would be longer

than a liz minelli buffett table.....ooogahhhhh

• freedom96
    freedom96

There were definately some hair police out there. When I got baptized, they said my hair looked a little scruffy, sure wasn't long for sure.

By best friend was a witness too, and when he would come to visit from another hall, the PO was upset cause he was giving a bad name on our family because his hair was a half inch over his ears.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit