Did you ever have a brother who's prayer went on and on and on and on ??

by run dont walk 6 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

We had one guy in our congregation, everytime he closed with prayer, it went on for 30 minutes or longer, I remember one occasion, I AM NOT KIDDING 65 minutes, torture 101.

Anyone else have this experience.

• Simon
    Simon

We had a district assembly where the prayer went on and on for a painfully long time. People were actually starting packing their stuff and leaving or at least tutting and sighing heavilly in the inimitable British way when we would complain but don't want to 'cause a scene.

• Rainmakerone
    Rainmakerone

there is an urban myth that when one overzealous brother gave such a long prayer at a bethel breakfast old "judge" rutherford just started munching into his breakfast.

if anyone knows the real story let us know ay?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

We left the hall way back when and he is still praying,oh Jehovah bless the (you name it) help us to keep coming to the meetings and field service,thank you for (you name it)on and on and on every time he was called on for prayer.He was actually talking to the cong.

Blueblades

• madamewalker
    madamewalker

It's a shame that the brother who did was one of those ones you wish you could get out of the Borg.

But yeah, he used to 'get his prayer ON' and everyone would be snickering and looking around. He'd use all these pretentious phrases like 'flora and fauna'. TOO funny.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Yeah we had one, he thought he was annointed and wrote to Tony Blair telling him how to run the government - the elders were so embarrased they took him off pioneering. This guy had a screw loose ! but they got him to do the prayers sometimes and you would hear a sigh before he went up. His prayers were like a public talk !!! they would go on an on and then just when you thought he had finished he would start going into the lords prayer !!!

• freedom96
    freedom96

They really go on and on and on sometimes.

My dad gave the closing prayer in my first wedding. Too long! Even comments from some of my religious "worldly" friends were like, What is up with the prayer??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit