A suggestion to improve the site's search engine

by Disillusioned JW 5 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I wish the search engine of this site would gain the added feature of being able to search for exact phrases (such as by using quote marks around phrases). That way I could find specific information on this site much more easily. If a such a feature was available, then this site would be much more useful in finding relevant old posts.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'd like to see the user-names of those that like and dislike threads.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

punkofnice, do you mean of liking or disliking entire threads, or of just the specific posts in the threads that they marked as "Like" or "Dislike"?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Dissy - Individual comments. I think it would be interesting to see who's hiding behind the votes.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, the search engine is really bad and needs updating.

Fun fact: Google are famous for their search engine, and they also have lots of cloud services ... but the search services they do (which it uses) is utterly terrible!

I've thought about showing the people who like & dislike, and also adding some other reactions. The original intent was to provide a dislike click so people would be satisfied voicing their displeasure using that rather than posting something that created larger conflict.

But online hostility moved on since then ...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I guess updating the Search facility is s lot of work, but if it can be achieved sometime, it will be greatly appreciated.

Quite often things are discussed on here anew, and I know that Brilliant Posts and often whole Threads are on here that would benefit the new guys, but they are difficult to locate at present.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit