What do the British think of Camilla Parker Bowles?

by unbeliever 50 Replies latest jw friends

• cowhand
    cowhand

Well said Dansk!!

My personal knowledge of any of these people is zilch.

In C-P-B's favour, she gives the news-hounds nothing. Probably why the press and quite a few others hate her.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Ditto what Dansk said.

If the fact that she's "ugly" is the worst that you can say about her, then the woman must be doing ok. To be less than beautiful is not a crime.

I think it's admirable that she and Charles have loved each other for so long, despite the public's, not to mention the Queen's!!) disapproval. Neither any of them are getting any younger, so let them be happy. After all, the monarchy does not have the political weight it once had, so who the royals marry is not as important as it once was.

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

I dont have much time for the monarchy,but they are still here,and I agree with you Prisca and Dansk,I just wish all us taxpayers didnt have to fund them.

Cheers,

Rich.

• IronGland
    IronGland

There has not been a legitimate Monarch since 1485 when the rightful Yorkist Monarch Richard III died in battle defending the crown from the dirty Lancastrians.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    I dont have much time for the monarchy,but they are still here,and I agree with you Prisca and Dansk,I just wish all us taxpayers didnt have to fund them.

Not so my friend.

The Royals generate far more £££££'s than they cost the tax-payer. Anyway, we've had a monarch since the year dot, well over 1300 years, who's going to be the boss if they go?

Englishman.

• Simon
    Simon

I disagree ... the castles and landmarks generate the £££'s from tourists ... none of them ever get to see the queen after all !

I say stick 'em all in a council house somewhere on some rough estate and let them duke it out (duke ... gettit ?)

• teejay
    teejay
    She looks like a horse. The royal family do like horses though. -- Simon
    So Camilla looks like a horse. I think she's just butt ugly. But Charles doesn't look any better with those ears of his, He looks like a monkey (an ugly one at that). The two animals deserve each other. Thank god their too old to have kids, because they would be really ugly -- calamityjane

My... it's good that we've focused on the really important matters. It's also good that we're all so good looking and can poke fun at others who aren't as blessed as we are. (I haven't heard such kind of insults about someone's looks since I was in third grade. Sad.)

That said, from what I've seen I think they love each other and I'm sure that for them, that's all that matters. I say leave them alone and let them live in peace. That's what we all want... right?

• Simon
    Simon

Sheesh I cant believe people take everything I post so seriously anymore. No she doesnt look like a horse (unless you squint a bit *) and I was just expressing my dislike of the royal disfunctional family in general.

* JOKE for the humour impaired

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    No she doesnt look like a horse

Have you ever seen Camilla and Mr. Ed together? Think about it.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ah..Camilla on one arm, Fatima Whitbread on the other. Of such things are fantasies made.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit