Daniel 10:13 and 20 speak of demons governing their respective nations?

by I_love_Jeff 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

Territorial Spirits-

Daniel 10:13,20 Prince of Persia

Deut: 32:9 “When the Most High divided the nations, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the nations according to the number of the angels of God. And his people Jacob became the portion of the Lord, Israel was the line of his inheritance.” (Deuteronomy 32:7-9 Jerome’s version of the Septuagint)

The administration of the various nations has been parcelled out among a corresponding number of angelic powers

I only came across 2 mentioned in the Hebrew Bible

Prince (sar) of Persia- It took an extra powerful Archangel (Michael) to kick some ass.

Prince (sar) of Greece

Prince of Israel-Michael the Archangel

Perhaps some books of the Apocrapha may have more info on these princes???

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Without going into details, a very broad picture:

At the time that the Hebrew text of Deuteronomy was initially assembled, during the 7th century rule of Josiah, the nation was largely monolatrist. This means that their dominant God was Yahweh but they recognized that other gods did exist. Therefore the Hebrew text says that God (namely EL) assigned a god to each nation.

By the 3rd century BCE, the Monotheists held sway, so when the Greek-speaking Jews translated the text (now known as the Septuagint), they amended it to say that "angels" were assigned to each nation.

The book of Daniel as we now have it was assembled in the 2nd century (164 BCE) and it speaks of angels fighting on behalf of the Jews. Daniel also speaks of the Watchers, who were spirit beings that originated in the Book of Enoch.

This apocalyptic fervor of that era created books such as Enoch, Daniel, Jubilees, Life of Adam and Eve, and others.

Doug

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Daniel has issues of accuracy as well as the use of Greek words proving to most scholars that the book was written after the Greeks conquered Persia. Probably much later like around the 2 BCE for the writer could not even get his history right and named The wrong guy as king of Persia and got his father mixed up for his son or vice versa can’t remember which.

Anyway the book of Daniel has lots of issues such as the statues with different mental representing different powers. Well first off the order of the metals down to the feet represent different ages of man being created in the Greek pantheon. Gold for the original men created by I believe Kronos called the golden age. After Zues creates the rest of the men on type after another until the legs of Iron men that become so strong they do away with the gods according to Greek myths. This is just more conclusive evidence that this writting we Call Daniel was heavily influenced by Greeks.

• venus
    venus

However, behind all the details what is absolutely clear is that Daniel was not aware of the JW teaching that the the 'Satan is the ruler of this world."

The Greek word used for wicked one originally means wastefulness which was later personified as wicked one or Satan.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

However "the existing Authorities stand placed in their relative positions by GOD" {Jehovah }..".he who opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of GOD"..".and will receive a judgement to themselves" ...".it is GODS minister an avenger to express wrath upon the one practicing what is bad"

Rom.13: 1-7

Doesn`t that contradict Satan being the ruler of the world ?

I`m going by what the scriptures actually state and not what somebody interprets such and such a scripture is supposed to mean .

• venus
    venus

Joseph used to keep a special cup for the purpose of "divination" (Genesis 44:5). This is something that was later evolved into a means to communicate with Satan. Bible writers do not share a common source of inspiration; each of them acted on his own: "For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and presumption is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has also rejected you from being king.”" (1 Samuel 15:23)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit