The Internet and Babylon The Great

by Chezdale 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chezdale
    Chezdale

Hello Elle2 and welcome to the forum.

Thank you enoughisenough for the post about alternatives to Babylon the Great.

I tend to go back to the first Babylon account in Genesis Ch 11 – a very short fascinating event.

Mankind it says, was of “one set of words” they understood each other. Apparently it was after the flood and they were working unitedly They built this thing, tower Ziggy what thingy and they all had the same language, understood each other and achieved stuff. It was called the Tower of Babel.

Babel means confusion.

Then it became different. God said “let us go down and stop this nonsense” and they were scattered!

The language was changed. Instead of one uniting set of words it was broken up into apparently different languages and they could only understand those that “spoke' the same.

The Internet has supposedly been uniting mankind these last few decades...

But what is happening now is also a fascinating event. Forces seem to be wanting to “unite mankind” (..we are all in this together .. blah blahh)

We are not truly listening to each other or understanding one another.

We are split and scattered between different Media outlets. We have news we prefer and brand anyone with a different opinion or outlook as left or right leaning etc.

We are scattered by diverse arrays of TV channels and .org's and .com's and .net's and .co's and .Gov's with less and less country identity. Eg. The BBC news presenting (way of presenting).... “the news”. With a real local appearance as if it is very familiar with your geological position. Everything is now “global”. “We are one”.

Or so they say.

Just my personal thoughts here, I enjoy the internet. I built my first PC back in 1995 when the first WT library on CD ROM was made. However, I really feel in my heart that the biggest mistake WT made was getting involved in the “confusion” of this entity called the internet. I have always had the internet from the first dial up modem. BUT I HATE the INTERNET for what it has done and is DOING!

I have seen the effect of all the SCREENS and what has happened to people by the use of screens.

We are drowning in information which is getting harder and more confusing to sort out. There is a force?entity?being pulling the strings and It really does seem like it is the epitome of Lies and Evil and all things confusing.

There are more similarities but I will leave it at that for now.

I don't know what the outcome will be and I am not suggesting that this is a type or an antitype or a prophetic thing. Genesis Ch11 is very short. Gen Ch12 doesn't really give a sequential follow through.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

OMG!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit