Disgusted By Today's WT Study 12/6/15

by JW_Rogue 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie
    Pistoff, the WTS has mastered the speaking out of both sides of their mouth technique.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I don't know where they've got this idea that magical deliverance was the exception. The bible is themed around the idea that God miraculously delivers his people against the worst of odds.

In our meeting, someone made sure to clarify that this acts of God sending JWs to householders who prayed for it was not a coincidence. The magazine stated that "we keep hearing" of these occurrences. Did we miss the launch of a new JWTV shows called "Our weekly miracle report"?

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

§ 9 clearly states:

...we too can see his hand because we perceive his qualities and actions with “the eyes of [our] heart.”...

Source: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015761

In german it reads:

... seine Persönlichkeit und seine Taten uns vertrauter werden, dann können auch wir seine Hand mit den Augen unseres Herzens sehen.

So it is not about seeing God's hand in the reality

At least in the german version that is clearly

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Magical deliverance hey??

Well how do they explain ''magical deliverance'' of being at the KH when a disaster strikes like in the Phillipines back in 2013 when a typhoon struck. Everyone who was at the KH was killed by the typhoon. Wake up!!

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

I too felt like I was gonna barf during the study. My face must have shown it too, because hubby kept asking if I was alright. The kicker was when my kiddo leans over after one of the "Gods hand" experiences was read, and whispers "What if they are lying?" And then I couldn't stop smiling. I've been planting seeds. So happy she is a thinker.

If these stupid WT articles don't fool a 9 year old, what is wrong with all the adults lapping it up?!!

Even my fully"in" spouse does not agree with the reasoning in this article-we have have discussed this subject many times. He usually comments at the meeting, but he did not this time.

It seems to me that the WT is very conflicted on this subject. Yesterday's study article certainly doesn't square with all the articles in the recent past which have "indicated" that "evidently" God does not intervene for individuals and the best one can expect is the strength to deal with difficult situations. And "apparently" only the greater good of the org will be protected.

Another thought that occurred to me during the WT---the article cited, as evidence of God's hand in action, all kinds of legal battles to protect the preaching have been won. But if God is interceding, why send lawyers to fight the cases, why not just send any faithful JW to court armed with prayer, faith, and conviction. Why is there an in house WT legal team? Their method for dealing with legal matters does not particularly indicate any overwhelming faith in Godly intervention.

Their methods belie their motives.

• Spiral
    Spiral

My brain is still chewing (and spitting out) that article from yesterday. I really hated that part where you have to wait on Jehovah to decide what/if/when he's going to help you. So don't make a quick decision, wait until Jehovah shows you what he wants you to do. And then once you've finally decided (or life has decided for you), you can say it's the "hand of God" helping you. If it turns out well, anyway. Sheesh

It seems like alot of what I am seeing lately is fundamentalist christian stuff..... I really wonder about this shift. (Or, maybe I see it this way, not being around it for so long.) Suddenly, the JWs are just a fundamentalist megachurch, like all the others. Growing up, "we" were always proud "we" weren't like the mainstream churches. Now, I can't tell the difference.

And if the "hand of god" is helping on the legal side, why didn't he make the Australian RC just go away? Wait..... no one here seems to know about that, so it must not exist, my bad.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

This reminds me of the "example" of a "brother" who is a farmer, and is praying for rain from Jehovah. This "brother" needs the rain to water his crops, so he in turn, can feed HIS family from the bounty of the crops."PLEASE Jehovah, let it rain".

YET

In the same congregation, you have a "brother" who is a contractor. His latest job is outdoors, and he needs to finish it, so he can get paid, and feed his family. So, this "brother" is praying to Jehovah that it DOESN'T rain. This way, if the weather stays clear, he can feed HIS family by being able to finish the job. "PLEASE Jehovah, let it NOT rain".

SO

Who does Jehovah love more? If it rains, does that mean he loved brother farmer more? Or if it doesnt rain, does that mean he loves brother contractor more? Or does Jehovah hate brother farmer, because it didnt rain? Or, because it did rain, does Jehovah hate brother contractor? Or maybe, just maybe, it MEANS NOTHING. In fact, the rain happens, dependant on NATURAL processes, that BOTH man, and Jehovah, DO NOT control at a whim.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

These articles, like all WTBTS articles, are pure psychological projection. The GB, and their underlings, live in a fantasy world that is crumbling around them. In an effort to save "Fantasia", they scramble like panicked rodents, desperately searching for anything to validate their delusional thinking. They have even tried a "new name" by rebranding, but it won't work forever.

They want to be relevant. They want their world to make sense. They are nothing without their sycophantic worshippers. Therefore, they have no choice but to project their pathetic fantasies upon any who accept them.

They are a dying race, with each generation more frail than the last. The age of the "Bible Student" ( CTR was deluded, but seemed to be trying. ) passed long ago. The vital "truths" the "deeper things", complicated types/anti-types, the very foundations of "The Truth" are no longer true. Fear and emotional manipulation through constant propaganda are all that keep the "Ark" afloat.

It is only a matter of time......

DD

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    As individuals, we know that our immediate physical protection is not guaranteed.

Oh, yes we could never expect such a thing from God as individuals but of course his precious org will be protected...barf. So basically anytime anything good happens for us we are to praise God and his loving blessings, even if our own time and hard work were involved. However, if something bad happens then, well, we cannot expect God to protect us. Pure BS.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Another thought that occurred to me during the WT---the article cited, as evidence of God's hand in action, all kinds of legal battles to protect the preaching have been won. But if God is interceding, why send lawyers to fight the cases, why not just send any faithful JW to court armed with prayer, faith, and conviction. Why is there an in house WT legal team? Their method for dealing with legal matters does not particularly indicate any overwhelming faith in Godly intervention.

Their methods belie their motives

Or better yet, how do we then explain the recent loses regarding child abuse? Would that show that maybe God isn't blessing them? Or could it mean it's time to apologize and change policies? Oh, wait, a good JW is not even supposed to know what is going on with those. Never seemed to make it to the JW.org news section.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit