To carmel

by Tina 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tina
    Tina

wherever you are lol......

Hope this finds all well :>
    Just thought you'd be interested in this little 'aside'.
    Rocky came up to me yesterday and began telling me about the Baha'i faith.....your assistance with his anthro field study aroused interest and curiousity :>
    He was telling me about Baha'u'llah,(which I know little about...and other points.
    In the years since leaving JW's he would have nothing short of an apoplectic fit at the mention of any belief/philosophy,the hurt/pain was that great.He never wanted to know or hear about anything.
    So I see this as a breakthrough of sorts! That his anger is diminishing in enough that'll allow himself to explore something of this nature at all!
    I told him,"isn't it nice to have the freedom to be curious,the freedom to explore all philosophies'?
    I hoped taking anthropology would open him up as well,I think its also a factor -can't say enuff about education!
    Maybe he'll try to understand my humanism as well,he never wanted to hear about it,and of course I never push anything on him,knowing it's his journey to find what he needs,((((((carm)))))))muchas gracias

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hi Tina! Glad to see Rocky is opening up! I can't urge him more to continue with investigating reality for himself! Education is like an acid that eats away the old mortar that hold old barriers up. One has to tear down the old ideas, throw away what is garbage and re-construct a new set of paradigms. Hopefully, it will go on all through live and one will go to the grave learning new ideas and revitalizing ones mind.

BTW, just investigating booking my flight back to the US. Moving to western Washington or Oregon on the 14th of 15th of June. Ah, clean air again... and of course Costco!!

cheers,

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit