To its so simple......

by avishai 8 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

This is from your post about your story, how you got here.

I must say though, I have no regrets. I truly did it all. I listened when they said, can you do more?
    We became part of the 'inner circle' of the truly righteous although I didn't realize it at the time. I'm the easiest guy in the world to get along with but am also very bombastic and speak my mind. This made for an excellent public speaking abilities but led to several political battles. In this 'perfect society' my abilities were the kind that promote jealousy and envy.
    Having been one who 'did it all' you can see a deficiency in those who are on this board who didn't. The guilt either still reigns in their life, or they have so much anger over the years of it controlling them they can't see straight. My advice is, life your life with honor with respect for others.

These statements are from another post.
    You "angry's" confuse the wisdom of the bible with the spewings of the WTBS.
    If I had power or influence as my goal I would feel a buring desire to express my 'wisdom' about the teachings of the WTBS to those who are misled by them. Wisdom is progressive. Everyone likes to think they are farther ahead than the other
    And yet, in your other post, you say that because you "did it all" that you are'nt as "deficient" as others. You were in the "inner circle of the truly righteous. I want to welcome you to the board, but I feel that your statements are arrogant. They minimize the pain of others. Some of whom were also "truly righteous" or who "did it all". Just because my bro. was 4 yrs. old when he was molested, & his molester was 16 & unbaptized, the wts says it was'nt the wts' fault. I suppose my brother would have less anger at having this happen, having it covered up if he had gone to elders school. Or pioneered. Stick around a bit, find out WHY people are angry before you make blanket statements in from your tower on high. We have a perfect right to our anger.

• Gopher
    Gopher

There are several stages to successfully exiting a high-control situation such as the predicament the WT Society puts you in when you disagree with it and desire to take control of your life.

For someone who comes in and says "no it's not that hard, skip stages 1 thru 5 and get right to stage 6 -- behave properly, don't show your anger, treat everyone including JW's with respect", makes me wonder if he/she even gets it?

ISS, I also want to welcome you to the board -- but just remember it isn't always so simple. Don't denigrate the feelings of people who are still in early stages of recovery from an awful experience with JW's.

• avishai
    avishai

ISS, please disregard this post if I took it the wrong way, no one else seemed bothered by this, your posts just struck me as smug. There are a lot of people here that have been hurt by considerably more than "congregation politics". I don't know if it's necessary, but I would encourage you to read through the posts under the Child abuse heading.

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

Avi,

I was not aware of most of what I allude to when it was happening. I assure you I'm not smug, and I know there is a lot of damage that has been done. My comments about being as 'deficient as others' relates to people who never ran the entire route the WTBS laid out for them. So in the back of their minds ( because of the essential elements of mind control ) they wonder if it's because they failed to peform. One who never 'does much' is constantly put down in talks, comments, magazine articles etc. Then as you start to fade, or whatever approach you take to your departure, you are on the defensive because WHOEVER is talking to you is going to be in a superior position. They are more rightous etc. All of this is arbitrary but it's where the mind control does it's work. If one had run to a point where you knew no one in the org anywhere had much on you, then all bets are off. It changes the dynamics completely. This is not said with any arrogance but rather an unfeeling evaluation of the circumstances of individuals and the effects of mind control. If it helps any my wife is always saying to me, "not everyone can make completly emotionless desicions like you." What ends up happening is when you state things about yourself such as "I was a good speaker etc" it comes accross ( especially in chat ) as arrogant. However, these were the essential items related to what I was discussing. I could go on and relate how I'm also very impetuous. Often insensitive and create hurt feelings ( Hey isnt' that what I did here? ) Those weaknesses I have I'm just as aware of as my strenghts and admit them freely. However they were not relevant to what I was talking about so I didn't include them.

I would never want to cause offense or hurt feelings. I apologize with all sincerity. My screen name simply implies that the simplicity of the dynamics. Emotions tend to be more complicated to deal with because they often don't adhere to the facts.

If I have hurt anyone else by my unfeeling approach please be sure and let me know.

Sincerely,

ISS

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

Avashi,

P.S.

My comments about the "Angries" were specifically pointed at one person,"SixOfNines", who referred to me as "you newbies". His response to me, and the subsequent comments of others toward him, call attention to his comments being an attack. I felt it was fair to assume that he was angry given his attack on me. My comments were simply what they were titled, "how I got here & the beginning of the end". I did this as a courtesy to whomever might appreciate it.

Nevertheless, my apology for any offense to you still stands. I'm very sorry for the injustice that was done to your brother and the further injustice done by the org.

• avishai
    avishai

ISS, you're cool in my book. Thanks.

Also, I have no problem w/ you patting yourself on the back for your speaking ability. I'm not so bad myself, gave my first talk at 5. I'm one hell of a good actor as well!

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

Acting is all part of it. The more theatrical you can be, the better. Especially in a comittee meeting.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Thanks for the elaboration.

I am not a good actor -- I went the "emotionless" route in my final JC meeting. I guess 2 out of the 3 elders were unimpressed, which is part of the reason I'm out here now. (But it's all good...)

• Prisca
    Prisca

ISS,

I wasn't offended by your comments either, in fact, I find your comments interesting. I like reading people's personal experiences in the congregations they were associated with, and what they observed about various aspects of the Borg.

Welcome to the board!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit