JW's How do you see whats odd here?

by Its so simple 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

You never here about compassion for mankind unless it's at the end of the guilt sentence of ' YOU have a responsibility to preach'.

If you ask a specific question to 50 Catholic's or Mormons, or Bahai's, whatever, you will get at least 45 to 50 different answers. If you ask a specific question to a JW about meeting attendance, birthdays etc you will likely get the SAME answer from 48 of those 50 people. What ever happened to the Boreans who searched the scriptures and came to their own conclusions? I'll bet if you asked 50 Boreans about the resurrection you would likely get 50 different answers as well. The answers would well reflect the social experience and background of the individual. JW's are the only one's who can get the same answer from a college degree holding CEO that they get from a food-stamp-using, uneducated person with little or no cultural exposure. How do you explain this? = Mind control.

You could make 500k per year, give 4/5's of your income to charity, be praised for your contributions publicly ie newspaper, TV etc. Have children who are model citizens. Your sick incontinent mother in law lives with you who you personally care for and you are STILL VIEWED as WEAK IN THE TRUTH because you are irregular at the meetings and only get in 4 hours per month in service! Now ask yourself, are you saying in your mind right now, "well a truly spiritual person would appreciate the importance of the meetings and feeding at Jehovah's table"? Still don't believe in mind control?

Visiting these forums and other websites are the first step in unraveling your mind. You will fight it at first because it's too much to take. I know an Elder who learned all the ugliness about the 'B'org and did a 180 and went back deep into the org because he couldn't face where he was going. Alone, with no recognition ( he is very respected in the org & quite influential) he knew he would be derided as being foolish etc and face life with his wife that he has conveniently neglected ( he can't stand her, knocked her up at an early age and had to get married ) for the sake of theocratic privileges. Previously a liberal, he became a hard line, party line toting Nazi.

No one say's you have to leave today, but don't close your eyes to the truth and let them think for you.

If this is any help to lurkers, let me know, go to hotmail.com or yahoo.com and fill out a bogus email, sign up here, and share your fears without fear of reprisal. The truth WILL set you free.

• Francois
    Francois

I once worked in a technical school where a school of cosmetology was a part of the courses offered. The head of that department was a guy who turned out to be a JW. We had known each other for a year before we spotted each other at an assembly.

Later, at school, he got with me to tell me how "spiritually sick" he was, how inadequate, etc., etc., since I'd seen him smoking I suppose he was covering his ass. Of course, I didn't care if he smoked or not. I did. So what could have been the big deal?

This guy died a few years later. Everyone was stunned to discover what he'd left in his wake. He was the second husband of his wife. His wife had three children living with them that belonged to her first husband and her. However, since the father of these children refused to support them, my friend had taken on the responsibility. He had no legal rights to those children, but he wasn't interested in legal knitpicking. He supported them just like they were his own children. Together this couple had five children. When they needed shoes, my friend would line them up, all of them, load the up, and be off to the shoe store. Everyone was treated exactly the same.

But of course the JWs and elders in the congregation of which he was a part had told him he was spiritually sick because his meeting attendence was low, as was his service performance. They never even asked enough questions to discover that he missed meeting and service because of his attendance at Cosmetology Shows all over the southeast. And he refused to volunteer the information because he didn't want to be viewed as making excuses.

So this friend who was spiritually sick, silently suffered the antipathy of his entire congregation while at the same time he was working to support three of hers and two of his, which meant supporting five of theirs. But the message of the elders was that he was spiriatually sick.

And you know, I never checked to discover, but I'd be willing to bet that after he died, the WTBTS did absolutely nothing to assist in the support of that widow and those fatherless children. Draw your own conclusions.

francois

• Gordy
    Gordy

On a personal note.

I was a Ministerial Servant. Married , 7 children.

Attended every meeting and convention etc.

Field service was average, no one complained.

Suffered acute clinical depression.

Wife told I had to leave the family home as I was considered a "spiritual danger to the family"

That was in 1996.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The posts above show that far from being neutral or harmless, the application of the beliefs of the Watchtower Society by JW elders make them act in a harsh manner. As a result, lives are ruined or destroyed, and families are broken up.

Gordy, I really feel for you. What kind of possible spiritual danger did you pose? Someone just wanted to see you break up with the wife. So your wife received this screwy advice, and now you're deprived of the constant companionship of 7 children.

Innocent people are getting shoved around by the brutality of WT policy. They ought to rescind that "spiritual danger" clause immedately. It is doing more harm than good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit