Brother and friends

by menrov 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• menrov
    menrov

So, according to WT doctrine, we are brothers, right? So, if we are all so-called brothers, that we all have one father, right? If we are just friends of our creator, then we are not brothers.

Next time you meet your elders, ask this question: why do you call me your brother (or sister) if I am just a friend of our God?

Have fun.

• Listener
    Listener

It's just an endearing term to make the friends feel closer to one another in the Congregations. The real reason the terms are used is to deceive the OS into a false sense of position.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

(Matthew 6:9) “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, . . ."

Or were 2nd Class Christians not to pray this way?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Since God is a "prospective father, then 99.9% of Witnesses are "prospective sons/daughter's". So I suggest the correct address based on the hope of surviving Armageddon and passing the millennial test is, "Good morning my possibly brother to be".

• stillin
    stillin

Brothers in arms

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Sorry - mostly it's men (brothers) sisters are mentioned only from the platform or in prayer by those who regard women as sisters - or people--most do not

Good old boys club-- yet 65% of JWs are women -- so says PEW Research

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit