Is Universal Sovereignty still a big issue with the WTS?

by Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice. 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

When I was a dub the main focus was on the issue of Universal Sovereignty. Is this still the case, or have they gone off in another direction?

cheeses - who would be happy with just world domination.

• hippikon
  • A Paduan
    A Paduan

Is that why some act like the king of everyone or something?

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

News Flash Pad,

The WT has never believed in the universal soverienty of God They are Socienian and Palagian in doctrine especially in Theology Proper and Soteriology.

BTW why should you care Pad your a papist your semi-pelagian at best you do not believe in the doctrines of grace. You defanatly do not believe that God is soveriegn over the fallen and corupted human will. You dont believe the bible what it says about man and his fallenness in Romans nor of the power and grace of God so why should you care about the doctrine of the soverienty of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huggs & cheers,

jr

• onacruse
    onacruse

Cheesers, good question. I remember that phrase was one of those "every other Watchtower study" cliches. The 2001 WTS CD shows an interesting up-and-down: heavy in the early 50s, lightens up, then heavy again late 50s, then lightens up again, heavy again 74-79, and then, except for a couple of years in the early 80s, has pretty much leveled off to the "infrequent" side (only once each year from 1998-2001).

There are certain trigger subjects like this that are characteristically inserted into the publications to churn up anticipation of Armageddon. Like talking about 1914...the few years before '75, 1914 was all over the place (almost 300x just in 1966-7). The late 70s, there was hardly a peep about 1914 (dropped off to 50x in 1976-7). Keeping their heads low, trying to avoid the flak. LOL

Craig

• Gopher
    Gopher

I thought "Universal Sovereignty" was THE big issue for JW's. Once that was settled, everything else would fall in line, including mankind's salvation and the future of the planet earth.

Now that "Universal Sovereignty" is not THE big issue, what do they focus on? Do they even have a focus, other than defending themselves against the whistle-blowing apostates?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Now that "Universal Sovereignty" is not THE big issue, what do they focus on? Do they even have a focus, other than defending themselves against the whistle-blowing apostates?

Busy work. Attend all 5 meetings a week. Comment at the meetings. Go out in service. And most of all, keep your stats up.

If you keep 'em busy, they won't have time to question.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

… and it came about that the Pharos became incensed when he heard of the slaves complaining. The Pharos decreed that in addition to making their quota of bricks that they would now have to gather and chop the straw that was used in making the bricks. The idea in this being that they would not have time to complain while working to make the demanded quota of bricks.

Goshawk

• blondie
    blondie

In my reviews of the WT study articles I have pointed out that the issue of universal sovereignty is lacking and has been replaced by the frequent mention of everlasting life in a paradise earth. No longer is God's reputation important but individual everlasting life.

Blondie

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think they're concerned about their own imagined authority more than anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit