Trinity

by Lost in the fog 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Bumped into a former jw friend who since departing has joined a Protestant church.

His explanation of the Trinity is "think of the congregation service committee in the JW religion, the three people who locally made all of the decisions affecting the congregation."

Three people each with their own personality who individually were seen as the Coordinator, the Service Overseer, and the Secretary. But who made decisions as a combined unit.

So on the midweek meeting it was announced that "the Service Committee has approved the following..."

He says that is how he sees the Trinity, 3 separate people, but combined into one entity each knowing what the other knows, equal but not the same...

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Russell said the "Trinity" of the Bible was more logical than the Trinity of the creeds. Of course, Russell put his own "spin" on the subject

Click the image to enlarge.

https://postimg.cc/cg9gydnq

Entire article:

Atlantis!
  • enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

some ex jw jump from frying pan to fire!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When we try to explain things which are supposed to be in the Spiritual Realm, we humans always have to resort to anthropomorphisms and to anything from the physical world to help us with our conception, our grasp of what we are trying to talk about.

Hence we fail, through lack of language to describe that which is irrational, metaphysical, and totally unproven.

The best explanation I ever read for how to understand the Trinity Doctrine was by a Christadelphian, written about 150 years ago, I cannot find it on-line at present, my copy died with my old Laptop. Christadelphians do not subscribe to the Doctrine !

The other Thread on here, just revived, on "The Holy Spirit" is fascinating, erudite stuff, and shows the evolution of Doctrine, which is what resulted in the Trinity.

As Leolaia says in that Thread, the J.W org loves to quote Scholars who say the Trinity Doctrine is not found in the Bible, but the org. neglects to say that the roots and foundation of the Doctrine ARE in Scripture.

• markweatherill
    markweatherill
    Anyway, watchtower has something better than the Trinity: the 'composite slave'...
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, where would we be without the Slave to tell us what to believe and how to dress?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit