45 Minute Bethel Video about Changes (downsizing) at Watchtower

by OnTheWayOut 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dagney
    Dagney

I tried, watched about 10 minutes then realized I wasn't paying attention. Those condescending, droning voices...

I know many will eat this up, but I think their minds must be conflicted also, especially those who have been around 50+ years. Nothing they can do about it. I can't believe they can be enthusiastic about anything, regardless of the videos published picture them.

I hear through the grapevine a collective groaning...and "it must be so close" said in unsure voices that have uttered the same phrase for decades.

They are adjusting their "sails through the winds of change" right to their graves.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Tacking into the winds of Public Relations in an effort to avoid responsibility, only to be sucked into the maelstrom of reality...

Dumbasses.....

DD

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thank you I cannot wait to see it all the way through.

LITS

• Lieu
    Lieu

My goodness. They no longer want to be bothered with the oldz. Now boot them to Congregations which will be expected to take further care of them. I can just imagine some of the medical costs, food, shelter, general bills (electric etc) for elderly who are ineligible for SS benefits. Most have no children. No real savings.

It's a task trying to make certain of your own elderly relatives well being with low paying jobs. Now throw some more on everyone.

Is not the DOs not being serf enough to cut their own grass outside their free house or pay their own laundry costs not enough to burden everyone with?

• Lieu
    Lieu

I hope it backfires. I hope Congregation donations go bust as everyone uses their extra cash to personally help support the elderly couples dumped on them like used trash. Hand them the money or use Xtra to write a check for their gas and electric. Nothing goes into the box for Bethel. There's no one there anyway.

I do that with certain "charities" ... cut out the middle man so much more than .10 of every dollar goes to the person in need. 

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Are these older ones really literally being turned out with nothing and no arrangements made for them? I mean, where are they spending their first night out, do any even have cars or money saved to rent a room or what is the nitty gritty of this? (Not that I have any real sympathy, sorry to say). But what are these expected to do? Anyone here know of an actual case you could relate would be interesting to hear about.
  • SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Lieu has an excellent point: use the extra cash to pay living expenses for these ones and not a penny more of anything extra being sent to HQ cause there won't be any leftover!
  • Freeandclear
    Freeandclear
    Absolutely disgusting. I'm so glad I'm awake now and done with this fucking cult...... True Christian love in action..... what a joke.
  • zeb
    zeb
    Any cong that has a bethel- dump couple to look after and still sends money to the wt are fools.
  • startingover
    startingover

On the other thread, someone post this scripture, which I think says it all

James 1:17New International Version (NIV)

17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit