Adolf Hitler and Jehovah

by openminded 6 Replies latest jw friends

• openminded
    openminded

One of the most outstanding examples in history of someone trying to be just like Jehovah is Adolph Hitler. Let me explain. Jehovah is angry at the human race because of something our ancient ancestors supposedly did in a fabled Garden of Eden. As the Apostle Paul argues, each human being is born with the stain of "original sin" inherited from our first parents. So, according to this reasoning, each human being is under the curse of Jehovah/Satan unless they kneel before him abjectly. Eventually (according to which church you belong to) either Jehovah will annihilate all unbelievers or he will throw them into hellfire where they will be "tormented day and night forever and ever."

In other words, the human race will supposedly be tortured or destroyed by Jehovah/Satan because of something we inherited from an ancient ancestor, something utterly outside of our control. Because of something we were born with, an accident of birth, a genetic defect. How is this like Adolph Hitler? Adolph Hitler despised the Jews because of an accident of birth. They were born Jews! So, he hated them and hunted them down and tortured them horribly, and finally killed around six million of them. Because they were born Jews. He also murdered the mentally and physically handicapped.

No sane or civilized person approves of Adolph Hitler. When we read of his dark deeds, and see the horror of the Holocaust portrayed in films such as Schindler's List, we are repulsed and aghast. Yet, Bible-believers will read of worse behavior on the part of their god Jehovah and think nothing of it! Somehow, in these people's minds, behavior that is Satanic when performed by humans such as Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin or Charles Manson, is magically transformed into the Epitome of Holiness when attributed to God!

I am constantly amazed at the blinders that Christians and even Jews wear when reading about the raging exploits of their god Satan. If we were to read in the newspaper of some "prophet" claiming that he heard God speaking to him, and commanding him to raise an army to kill all Jews, we would write him off (and rightly so) as a lunatic. Yet, when most Christians read of some self-proclaimed prophet of Jehovah in the Bible "hearing the voice of God,” and commanding the Jews to kill men, women, infants, the elderly (and even rip unborn children out of their mother's wombs as in Hosea 13:16), it all seems quite natural and normal and acceptable to them! Such people are not sane.

Who among us would torture and kill someone because they were born with a dread disease inherited from their parents? No one with even a shred of sanity! Even if that unfortunate individual displayed terrible anti-social behavior because of the inherited disease, we would seek to help that person, not torture and kill that person. Yet, Jehovah the Bible-fiend does precisely that! So you see, Adolph Hitler was indeed trying to be just like the god Jehovah. The Jehovah-fiend is the prototype for every fiend. Now and forever, world without end, amen.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Adolph Hitler - 6 million

Jehovah - 6 billion (real soon now)

I was reading an essay by Norm Hovland that dissected an Awake! article titled "Why So Much Hatred". He concluded the essay with this thought, I thought it was brilliant:

If the Watchtower "god" is going to butcher 6 billion people, what evil deed can the Devil possibly come up with to top that?
  • blindfool
    blindfool

I didn't make it through your entire post so forgive me if I missed something here.

Your premise, if I understand it correctly, is that Jehovah is mad at mankind because of something Adam did.

What you missed here is the Christian belief that mankind entered into sin through Adam. We are all doomed to imperfection because of Adams sin. Jehovah, or God or Jesus (you pick) has given us a means to be forgiven for our imperfections and our sins through his son.

I don't think God is mad at us. God understands our situation and has provided a means for our salvation.

Perhaps your JW background has given you a view of Jehovah as a mean being. The New Testament of the Bible will give you another perspective, if you care to read it on your own.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Comparing Jehovah with the human Adolf Hitler? ......... what a sick post.

• greven
    greven

Blindfool,

We are all doomed to imperfection because of Adams sin. Jehovah, or God or Jesus (you pick) has given us a means to be forgiven for our imperfections and our sins through his son.

So, what we have here is a situation where God punishes not just Adam and Eve for what they did, but their offspring aswell! Since he is almighty there was no need for that...and to top that off he offers us a chance for redemption from the very things he doomed us to. That's twisted!

That's like someone tripping you up, causing you to fall down the stairs. Then, when you are laying in a heap of fractured bones, slowly bleeding to death the very person that put you in that condition offers to help you by calling 911 on just one condition: you'll have to worship him now and forever. A kind gesture, don't you think?

Besides, it goes against the principle set out in Dt 21:16:

The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

and Ezek 18:20:

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

If you read the acts of the israelites as described in the OT a comparison with Hitler is not so strange at all, scooby!

Greven

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Dan, I loved this quote

If the Watchtower "god" is going to butcher 6 billion people, what evil deed can the Devil possibly come up with to top that?

Hitler as an impersonation of Jehovah, now there a fascinating comparising. Certainly Hitler tried to act like a deity in his queste to purify the human race by elimanating the "bad seeds"....

• Francois
    Francois

Not believing in "original sin" is a complete bar to my faith in the provisions of the atonement doctrine. Saddling little infants with the sins of their parents and of Adam and Eve from zillions of years ago do not strike me as being very god-like.

The nature and character and behavior of Hitler vs Jehovah may be very similiar, however I don't think this means much - given that Jehovah is a product of the human mind in the first place.

I think we need to discover the real existential God and deal with him and with him alone. That guy isn't Jehovah.

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit