HELPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

by Mulan 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am now using my laptop. My main computer crashed I think.............I was trying to install my virus program last night, after restoring my hard drive. I asked me to reboot before I installed it, and it won't come back. All I have is a "minus" sign on the upper left...........all black screen.

Does anyone know what I do now? I seem to remember I can hit one of the "F" keys as it's coming on, but don't remember which one.

• Swan
    Swan

Try F8 Mulan. That should get you into the Windows recovery menu. If that doesn't work though, try your Windows Setup CD. It should have an option for recovery on it.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thanks Tammy. Looks like it's coming on, but I think it's fried. It went to DOS but won't go further. It is trying to read the A drive and the CD is in too............startup disk is in A.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I got it to do the restore from the CD. This is the second time I've done this............did it Sunday too. Should I even bother??

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Mulan: If you want you can call Thunder tonight or we can call he is really good at getting our system up and running. He has restored ours countless timesPM me if you need our help

Sheila

• Mulan
    Mulan

I got it going again, but had to run the restore CD. What Tammy (Swan) told me, allowed me to at least do that much. I thought I had a new boat anchor and was going to have to go computer shopping today. My laptop is fine for travel, but its A drive doesn't work and the hard drive is pretty small. I need to keep track of our business and personal money on the computer and it is backed up to floppies. I am going to back them up to CD's now.

I just wonder how stable this computer is. Will this keep happening???????????

• Swan
    Swan

Glad it worked Mulan.

You may want to hold off on that Virus software if it has crashed twice now. It may not be comaptible with your system. What Operating System are your running (Windows version ??)

Tammy

• Francois
    Francois

Let me axe you a question. do you have your c drive backed up? No? Will you go get an external drive and back it up now or what?

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit