Hello

by Lost and adrift 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift

.Just plucking up the courage to introduce myself....living in Ireland but from the UK originally. ..drifted away due to depression (from all things truth related lol and bereavements and my M.S husband cheating on me and leaving !!) Few years ago but they recently hunted me down (they contacted me the day my other half was diagnosed with cancer!) with the Return to Jehovah brochure and infomed me to attend a judicial committee at the same instance! Naively I attended it because they rang and rang for weeks even though they knew he was in surgery etc......worst day off my life....tore me to shreds ...demanded I leave my fiance cancer or not...of course I said I couldn't do that to any human...they asked me to leave the room....after a few minutes they called me back in and said I was getting df!! I nearly fainted in shock. .. I asked why as I am not even known as a witness in this territory ..Anyway they did it and now neither my mother or daughter will have any contact with me....I'm heartbroken but apparently as I sinner it's only what I deserve lol! Trying to deal with all this isolation whilst caring for a Cancer patient ....lost my brother to cancer last year as well as my own father when I was 8.....I hate cancer!!

I have to question how can they claim to be a loving religion when all they are is cold judgements hypocrits?

Hello to all

Anyone here from Manchester or Ireland?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. What reason did they give to df you? You might want to try to appeal their decision. A new judicial committee might overturn it.
  • Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift
    Hi there. ..because I'm living in sin haha....even though the other half is battling a life threatening illness didn't matter...I did appeal but they were so fast setting up the appeal I was ill and the stress of my partners diagnosis and starting his treatment on top of it all my gp advised me not to attend so they went ahead and df me anyway I think the committee met without me....the last few months have just been HELL ...
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, so sorry these idiots felt they had to hunt you down, in no way do the scriptures require them to do this, but it's not about the bible it's about control, it's a cult. I moved out of state, so they couldn't do anything, but my family treats me as disfellowshipped all the same. It's a game that you can't win unless you are willing to live as if you were a JW, something I was not willing to do. I wanted Christmas, birthdays, voting and everything else, and to hell with them, I am not going to pretend or change my life to suit others, there is nothing I can do about those who worship eight men in Brooklyn.

I lost my brother and mother to cancer, it's rough.

I'm in the U.S., but of Irish/English heritage. I've been to England, but not to Ireland, I am hoping to visit before I die.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Wow! That's a lot to be going on at one time! I'm really sorry your having to deal with the horrible "C" word...as I call it.

You're completely right about the unloving hypocritical religion. They are more them happy to kick you when you're down :(

Welcome to the forum, you'll find great advice and wonderful listeners here.

• Sabin
    Sabin

WOW Lost&adrift, actually your neither now you can settle on your own little island without those nasty Bastards bothering you. I know it doesn't seem that way at the moment & you are very busy looking after your other half & that it will be heart wrenching for you. So glad you have found your way here, so no you are not completely isolated we will all listen to your troubles & without judgment so try not to be so hard on yourself o.k. Breath & then Breath again, cry, be angry be what ever you need to be, eventually the rain will stop & you will have some sunshine. I promise.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Lost and Adrift: I have to question how can they claim to be a loving religion when all they are is cold judgements hypocrites?

They can claim whatever they want, but the truth is this: The JW religion is a high-control, authoritarian cult. Don't let them have any authority over you.

Live your own life on your own terms.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Hi Lost,

I'm from Ireland originally but have been in the west coast U.S most of my life. Most of my extended family is in Mayo, Carlow, Killaloe, Sligo as well as in the UK and Wales. Unlike my Mother, they were smart enough to dodge the JW bullet when it came their way (when they saw crazy commin'....they crossed the street).

My 24 year old Son was diagnosed with Cancer a few weeks after he was unfairly DF'd and we were shunned as well because we assisted him during his surgery and Chemo. He survived thankfully, however I lost my Dad due to the blood issue and a complication during his surgery. I know what it is to be without a friend and have the people you trust betray you when facing a crisis and have them thinking all the while that they have divine backing to do so.

I can't imaging having been hunted down as you were and I'm sorry you are going through this. I'm here to tell you that you can get through it but if I had to do it all again, I'd like to have known how to better deal with the circumstances one faces as a former JW, so as to avoid any unnecessary burning of bridges and inflicting of further damage on ones personal life than absolutely necessary. Looking back, I was still rather naive and trusting of them and could/should have played the game with a better strategy.

I'd focus on the medical issues at hand first and foremost of course but as you are able, be sure to to take advantage of the "search" option at the top of the page, typing in key words or topics that are applicable to your situation. There is a wealth of information and experience to be had on this site that will help you navigate your way through the circumstance you've found yourself in, without having to re-invent the wheel.

A lot of former JW's have residual guilt and doubt at first about their choice to leave the organization/cult. An examination of JW doctrine and history from non JW sources often gives them the final confirmation that JW's aren't "THE TRUTH" and if nothing else, give them the courage of their conviction that serves them well as they face this big life change.

Be sure and send me a private message if you think I might be able to help. (see private message envelope icon at top of page)

Best regards -Exwhyzee

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    They are scum, doing exactly the opposite of what Jesus taught.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Welcome. I can feel your pain. I'm so sorry. Its incredible to me to think that I used to justify this sort of treatment of people!

Maybe show them the video of Bro Jackson commenting that elders are not spiritual police that seek out people to enforce rules?

You are better off. I hope your family comes around. More than anything, I am sorry to hear about so much loss in your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit