crazy ebay listing

by stan livedeath 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i was searching a sellers listings for my hobby stuff--model railways--and the seller has listed this amongst it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/395090358779?hash=item5bfd3871fb:g:QMYAAOSwIdNliYfk

• St George of England
    St George of England

The sad fact is I remember using those. Sunday morning, 10 - 15 minute, 4 scripture sermon. Nightmare!

George

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I certainly remember the Bible translations comparison notes that we had when we first offered the complete NWT in the Ministry. It was to show the “superiority “ of our Bible.

That might be around 60 years ago, time flies !

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

That brought back memories for me too BB, we used to be expected to flog the old Green coloured NWT D. to D.

I think sales would have been higher, if they hadn't gone for that god-awful colour ! Was that just to make it look different from "Christendom's Bible" ??

The NWT was a better version to use than the KJV Bible, but suffered from not having a single real Scholar of the original languages on the Committee, and of course from " Believer Bias" , the main driver being the weird ideas of Freddie Franz.

The latest iteration of the NWT is worse in many ways, more blatant and unashamed in ignoring the real meaning of Scripture, to push their wacky Doctrines.

Thanks for Posting Stan !

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

" I think sales would have been higher, if they hadn't gone for that god-awful colour ! Was that just to make it look different from "Christendom's Bible" ??

It should have had "Don't Panic" written on it, in large friendly letters... 🙄

• blondie
    blondie

I never saw or used those, but my mother did. She called it a 7 scripture sermon that had to be memorized and she was a newly baptized jw. She used to say that people at the door would never stand there that long to listen now. Now the WTS has said the first thing said at the door has to be short, attention span has gone done over the years.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Imagine if they still expected JWs to go door to door with recordings of Da Judge's speeches! 😱🤢🤮

• blondie
    blondie

NotFormer, would never happen. But they do go to door with I-pads or similar and punch up stuff for the person at the door to read. No need for jw to have to look up a scripture in a hard-bound NWT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit