Is this true????

by Cadaver 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cadaver
    Cadaver

hey,

I read this on watchtower.org

Automobile AccidentsAre You Safe?

"I have a good driving record, so I don't need to worry about having an automobile accident." "Accidents happen only to young and reckless drivers." Many think that an automobile accident will never happen to them. Is that the way you feel? When it comes to automobile accidents, are you invulnerable?

Is this True ??

I don't know what to say, maybe it's a falacy.

• Matty
    Matty

It's the Awake magazine's responsibility to scare you to bits about everything in this world, then when they've got you crapping your pants the New System is mentioned where nobody will get mown over by crazed drunk drivers etc... The statistics in the magazine usually come from a reliable secular source but they tend to pick and choose them solely to make their point.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I'm not sure what you're asking. That some people think they are invulnerable?

• Cadaver
    Cadaver

hey,

Just asking But I understand now.

ok

Cadaver

• maynard
    maynard

Cadaver; I was wondering what the reference is for your WT quote? The obvious fallacy is not taking in account all the available information. A person may be a good driver but the guy running a red light at an intersection you are crossing is not. During my course of employment I have seen many “good drivers” seriously injured or killed. There is just nothing you can do when a South bound car looses a tire on the freeway and it comes across to the North bound side and takes your head off. I believe the biblical principle we should follow at this point is; 1 Pet 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. & Heb 4:13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. God knows what His children need and we should not worry about or death. Our death won’t happen apart from His knowledge or will. Blessings to you Maynard

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

That you're not safe? I'd say so.

So why spend yours and your kids' spare time in a car and on the street, going around 'preaching'.

That being considered, I'd say that bumping up the fear factor still serves to further override better judgement though.

paduan

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I wonder if this article was written before or after they had to pay out over $1 million in a settlement after a Bethelite had a car accident. My bet is that it was put in shortly thereafter just in time for the soon to be ex-bethelite returned back to his home congregation. Not that Bethel would ever stoop to embarassing someone like that.

Uzzah

• COMF
    COMF

I read that the majority of accidents happen within five miles of home.

So, I moved.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Yes, and you should never drink and drive.

You might hit a bump and spill your drink.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit