Are YouTube take-downs a "Waste of time"?

by Fay Dehr 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fay Dehr
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I believe that Watchtower, trying to fight against the internet, is demonstrating that the leaders realize the religion extremely vulnerable. They know, in my opinion, that they don't have the *truth* and are merely trying to survive as a viable religion.

Taking down Youtubes and other information is a losing battle for them, but they would lose faster if they didn't do it. The JW speaker in the video is arguing against such behavior, but that is typical of Jehovah's Witness double talk - say one thing for public effect, then do the opposite.

• steve2
    steve2

YouTube Videos exposing JW organization are growing in popularity by the day. For example, the John Cedars channel has almost 30,000 subscribers and TellTale Athiest close to 50,000. Cedars videos usually garner 15- to 20,000 views in a few days, with some attracting over 100,000.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    YouTube Videos exposing JW organization are growing in popularity by the day.

And I am amazed at the quality of the people presenting the videos. They are intelligent, well spoken, know the Organization, and make lots of sense. I honestly believe that Watchtower is losing it's very best people.

I can't nearly keep up with them all - I'll have to check out TellTale Athiest since I've never heard of him/her.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Back in 2013/2014 if you typed in "jehovahs witnesses" into a YouTube search you would see pretty much the same old video titles, maybe a new one here or there. Now, it's new ones daily, everyday.

The hose was a sprinkler, now it's gushing.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    I honestly believe that Watchtower is losing it's very best people.

This goes without saying, after all, they lost us.

Youtube stats for 2018 shown at this link: YouTube Statistics indicate 300 hours of video is uploaded to YT every minute.

How many videos pertaining to JWs and WT are uploaded every week?

If a take-down by the original poster is forced by WT, how many other posters then step-up to re-post that same video on their channel or on an alternate video or download site? One take-down can result in that same video being available at multiple locations, which then will result in WT needing to deal with numerous individual posters.

Will WT ever learn, they can't control what others post online, and once something is placed online, it never really can be taken down?

• carla
    carla

Will WT ever learn, they can't control what others post online, and once something is placed online, it never really can be taken down?--another question, would all old stuff be on something like this site?

Wayback Machine- https://archive.org/web/

I only just remembered the site now and have not used it yet myself. Heard about it somewhere. Maybe someone here knows about the Wayback Machine?

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

Hi Carla. The WayBackMachine is awesome. You’ll also find this site interesting: https://TinyURL.com/JWleakedVideos

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012
    I believe you have a group of people in Bethel that realize the religion is false. However, they have to perpetuate a necessary job to keep their services in demand. They have some of the nicest accommodations, food, tax free tips from wealthy publishers, and respect within their limited circle. Over the years I was surprised how many JWs in business would take financial advantage of their religion. All of the upper management is on it for a piece of the game.
  • carla
    carla
    Fay Dehr , Thanks! I didn't know about that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit